|“||No. The world isn't awful. People are not awful. They want to be good. Something makes them bad. Something breaks them down, makes them snap. There are always signs. Symptoms before someone has a psychotic break.||”|
WOMAN ON A MISSION — With the annual Dauphine Street music festival around the corner, Davina, itching for a night out, convinces Marcel to let her attend. Marcel cautiously obliges but asks Camille to keep a watchful eye on Davina. Agnes convinces Hayley to visit a mysterious doctor in The Bayou where she makes a shocking discovery. Meanwhile, Klaus takes a special interest in Cami, who reveals some alarming information about her past, and a determined Rebekah is on a mission to get to the bottom of a recent strange encounter involving Elijah.
- Antagonist: Agnes.
- Narrator: Niklaus Mikaelson.
- Title meaning: a reference to either Hayley (who is stuck in New Orleans because of her yet-unborn child with Klaus), Davina (who is trapped in New Orleans at the heart of the power struggle between vampires and witches), or Camille (who has moved back to New Orleans after an extended absence to discover the reasons behind her brother's unexpected massacre of his fellow seminary students and his subsequent suicide).
- This episode marks the first appearances of several characters in the series: Kieran O'Connell, Timothy and Sean O'Connell.
- Both Klaus and Elijah meet Davina for the very first time in this episode.
- Klaus reveals the existence of the supernatural to Camille, although he compelled her not to be afraid of him and to not remember that she knows about the supernatural or Klaus' status as a hybrid when he isn't around.
- Camille reveals she had a twin brother and that the mysterious circumstances surrounding his death is the reason she came to New Orleans.
- It was revealed that Timothy and Davina were childhood friends, and he has been a long-standing object of affection for Davina, who still has feelings for him even despite not seeing him for almost a year.
- During the dream/memory scene with Elijah and Rebekah, Elijah reveals that it was he who took Rebekah on her first foray back into New Orleans society after Klaus undaggered her in 1887.
- Hayley's wolf-eyes are seen for the first time in this episode, although she does not fully transform—running away from the witches who wanted to kill her and her baby caused her survival instincts to surge enough that her ability of lycanthropic enhancement kicked in to help her fight.
- The baby is revealed to have inherited Klaus' vampire blood after it healed Hayley's wounds even more quickly than werewolves usually heal.
- This is the first time the city of New Orleans appears in the title of an episode of the series.
- Sophie does not appear in this episode, but she is mentioned by Klaus, Hayley, and Rebekah.
- Agnes and a faction of witches from the French Quarter Coven attempts to kill Hayley and her unborn child with help from Dr. Paige. It is suggested that this was in response to the vision Sabine had of the baby while helping Hayley determine its sex in Tangled Up In Blue.
- It is confirmed in Sinners and Saints that Agnes was indeed acting on Sabine's vision when she launched an attempt on Hayley and the child's life. It is revealed later in the season that Sabine was actually possessed by Céleste Dubois at the time, and that she lied about having the vision to get revenge on the Mikaelson family.
- Rebekah finally finds Davina's room at St. Anne's Church in this episode in her ongoing attempt to find Elijah, who was daggered and given to Marcel by Klaus off-screen at the end of Always and Forever.
- Rebekah makes a comment to Hayley regarding her reluctance to seek medical attention for her pregnancy and reminds her that there are many women who would kill to have a child of their own. This alludes to Rebekah's time on The Vampire Diaries, specifically Season Four, when she sought the cure in order to finally become human again and have a family and children of her own. This is a desire of Rebekah's that will continue to come up over the course of the Series.
- New Orleans
Behind the Scenes
- This episode had about 2.23 million viewers in USA, which was 0.01 million more than the previous episode.