A ghost is the soul and spirit of a deceased animal or person, that can appear in a visible, corporeal manifestation to the living.
The Other Side is the mysterious dimension where the spirits of dead supernatural beings reside. It was created by Qetsiyah, so that if Silas, the first immortal being to exist, and Qetsiyah's former best friend, took the cure for immortality that she created and then died, he would go to the Other Side and be forced to live with her for eternity. By ensuring that all supernatural beings went to this purgatory after death, instead of finding peace and moving on, Qetsiyah ensured that if Silas chose to die, he would end up with her on the Other Side instead of finding peace with his deceased human lover. Bonnie Bennett, Qetsiyah's descendent, is the only witch capable of "dropping the veil" between the living world and the Other Side, which would eliminate the Other Side and allow all the dead supernaturals to return to the world of the living.
Powers and Abilities
- Possession: The act of controlling and manipulating the body, mind, and soul of a living person.
- Telekinesis: The act of controlling and manipulating the movements of objects and persons.
- Teleportation: The act of transporting ones self from one location to another by supernatural means.
- Vampire Abilities: If a vampire becomes a spirit, they will still possess their vampire powers.
- Werewolf Abilities: If a werewolf becomes a spirit, they will still possess their werewolf powers.
- Witchcraft Abilities: If a witch becomes a spirit, they will still possess their witchcraft powers.
- Isolation: The only way a ghost can make contact with the living is by being summoned by a medium or a witch. However, if the person chooses to isolate themselves from the spirit, the ghost will be forced to vanish.
- Magic: Like all creatures, ghosts are susceptible to witchcraft.
Ghosts in the Series