|“||You need to disappear or evaporate or whatever it is that you ghosts do.||”|
A Ghost is the soul and spirit of a deceased person, that can appear in a visible manifestation to the living.
Ghosts do not appear any different dead then they did when they were alive. Whenever they appear to the living they are usually seen dressed in the very same attire they were wearing prior to their deaths. However it possible that ghosts can somehow change their appearance and manifest different clothing. (Both Bonnie Bennett and Victoria Donovan where shown wearing different clothing on the Other Side than the outfits they originally died in.)
Powers and Abilities
Basic Ghost Powers
- Immortality - Ghosts are truly immortal and will exist forever.
- Intangibility - Ghosts cannot physically feel nor can they be physically felt.
- Possession- Ghosts can control and manipulate the body and mind of a living person.
- Teleportation - Ghosts are unbound by the borders of space and therefore able to disappear from one location and reappear in another.
- Vampire Abilities - If a vampire becomes a spirit, they will still possess their vampire powers.
- Werewolf Abilities - If a werewolf becomes a spirit, they will still possess their werewolf powers.
- Witchcraft Abilities - If a witch becomes a spirit, they will still possess their witchcraft powers.
- Isolation - Ghosts can interact with the living through mediums and witches. However, if the person chooses to isolate themselves from the spirit, they will be forced to vanish.
- Magic - Ghosts are susceptible to the forces of witchcraft.
- Finding Peace - Its possible that when some spirits find peace, they overall cease to exist.
- Gregor's Blade - The blade that can remove passengers from the host and send them to the other side.
- Oblivion - Some sort of unknown force, possibly the spirits was able to send Katherine's spirit into oblivion presumably destroying her forever.
The Other Side is the mysterious dimension where the spirits of dead supernatural beings reside. It was created by Qetsiyah in an attempt to imprison the immortal Silas. The spell ensured that every supernatural being that died would come to the Other Side, instead of finding peace and moving on.
Ghosts in the Series
- Qetsiyah was indirectly responsible for the existence of ghosts. By creating the Other Side, she prevented the souls of deceased supernatural beings from finding peace, thus trapping them as ghosts on the Other Side.