George Lockwood is responsible for helping Katherine Pierce escape when vampires were taken to Fell's Church to burn.
This character was a member of the Lockwood Family.
George Lockwood was an American Solider who fought in the Civil War in 1864. After killing in battle, George unknowingly triggered his werewolf curse, causing him to transform into a wolf every full moon. After discovering his true identity, Katherine Pierce convinced George to help her escape during the vampire-hunt the town was planning.
According to Katherine, George Lockwood used the vampires as a scapegoat for the attacks he was responsible for and informed the Founder's Council about the vampires in Mystic Falls. One day in 1864 George warned Katherine about the round up and when it was supposed to take place. Katherine insisted that before the Church was set ablaze, the body count must be 27, the vampire population of the town including herself. George said he would see to it. However Katherine had no intention of dying in the Church, and convinced George to helping her escape in exchange of the Moonstone.
Since George went to war without even know his family was cursed, it is likely that it was Katherine herself who informed him of The Sun and Moon Curse and of the importance of the Moonstone in the ritual.
Powers and Abilities
Werewolves' powers and abilities are enhanced and are at their peak during a full moon, but somewhat increase as they age.
- Super Strength - Werewolves are much stronger than humans. They are not as strong as a vampire whilst in human form, but during the full moon they are more powerful than Non-Original vampires. Rose, a 560 year-old vampire was knocked down and over-powered by the transformed werewolf Jules. Another case was when Damon Salvatore, a 170 vampire barely held off the transforming newborn werewolf, Tyler Lockwood. Transformed werewolves are also capable of tearing apart entire groups of witches.
- Super Speed - Werewolves are much faster than humans. Some werewolves are shown to be just as fast as their vampire enemies, but others have not. In wolf form however, their speed rivals most if not all vampires.
- Super Agility - Werewolves possess superhuman agility. They can move, jump, climb, flip, and run incredibly fast without difficulty or exhaustion.
- Super Durability - Werewolves can take far more trauma than Humans can without much discomfort or injury. They can also exert themselves without much tire.
- Healing Factor - Werewolves possess superhuman regenerative abilities, meaning if ever injured, their bodies will heal near-instantaneously. Like vampires, werewolves can heal from the most grievous of injuries, albeit rather slowly in comparison. Unlike vampires, when a werewolf’s neck is broken, they stay dead. But while they heal slower, they are harder to injury.
- Super Senses - Werewolves have the extremely keen senses of smell, sight, taste, and hearing inherent in all canines. Experienced werewolves like Jules could sniff out vampires—something vampires themselves are incapable of—and Tyler sensed vervain placed in coffee, which would otherwise be impossible since the flavor is usually hidden by the coffee.
- Werewolf Bite - The bite of a Werewolf is extremely lethal to normal Vampires but not to an Original. While an Original cannot die from the bites, they are not wholly immune to the effects of the bite.
- Anger - When a Werewolf is furious, their anger increase all their power and abilities for a short period of time, as well as can have an advantage over a vampire.
- Shapeshifting - During a full moon, they will unwillingly turn into wolves.
- Wolfsbane - When ingested, wolfsbane causes a werewolf to become severely weak and feverish. Although, If a werewolf's skin is exposed to wolfsbane, it can result in burning them.
- Device - Invented by Jonathan Gilbert (Enchanted by Emily Bennett), the Device was a weapon designed to emit a high-frequency noise that could only be heard by vampires and werewolves.
- Broken Neck - By breaking a werewolves neck, it results in instant death.
- Magic - Witches are able to curse and inflict supernaturals aneurysms that cause the blood vessels of werewolves to explode.
- Heart Extraction - If the heart of a werewolf is removed, it will cause instant death.
George is of Greek origin, and the meaning is "farmer".
- Season 2
- Memory Lane (flashback)
Behind the scenes
- The casting call: a handsome and confident Confederate Soldier of 19. Katherine meets George and asks him for help. He’s aware that she’s a vampire and tells her that it’s in his blood to hate her. He’s a werewolf. It’s not a full moon yet so he can’t hurt her. He agrees to talk to her. He knows Salvatore brothers.
- George Lockwood's character is based off Jacob Smallwood (in Dark Reunion) from The Vampire Diaries Novels.