Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fire is a method of killing that involves the burning of a subject with an open flame. This is a method which can be used to harm supernatural species such as vampires, werewolves, hybrids and witches. The most common way this method is used usually involves restraining the movement of the subject, dousing them with an accelerant before lighting them on fire. Thus, killing them from immolation. Witches are able to cause spontaneous combustions through magic.
- Damon and Stefan believed Katherine had been killed back in 1864, along with 26 other vampires, when burned in a church.
- Stefan killed Ben with a flamethrower. (Fool Me Once)
- Bonnie almost once killed Damon with a magically created flame, and also used this magic fire against Ben (Fool Me Once).
- Damon was again almost burned to death again when the Founder's Council gathered vampires and tried to burn them in the cellar of an old building. (Founder's Day)
- A member of Jules' pack came armed with a flamethrower against the Salvatores. (Daddy Issues)
- Damon tries to torch Elijah with a flame-thrower unsuccessfully, due to Elijah being an Original Vampire.
- Damon unknowingly torches Luka. (The House Guest)
- Original Vampires cannot be killed with fire as mentioned by Elijah although, it is unclear if they can still be harmed by it.
- It is unconfirmed if fire can kill hybrids. However, Tyler Lockwood, a hybrid, mentions that the only way to kill him is through decapitation or heart extraction, so this is unclear.
- Despite their ability to control fire, witches are able to be burnt to death.
- Naturally, vampires and original vampires burn in the Sun.