|Years||10th century • 12th century • 1490 • 1864 • 1922 • 1977 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011|
|Months||September 2009 • November 2009 • January 2010 • February 2010 • March 2010 • April 2010 • August 2010 • September 2010 • October 2010 • December 2010 • January 2011 • February 2011|
One week after ("Under Control").
- At the Founder's Day Gala, Elena and Caroline compete for the title of "Miss Mystic Falls" against other girls from town, including Tina Fell and Amber Bradley.
- Bonnie is back in town, and she is not comfortable socializing with vampires - not even Stefan.
- John Gilbert is working for Isobel, and they want one of the Gilbert Devices, that Pearl stole in 1864.
- Pearl gives the device to Damon, as a peace offering.
- Stefan certainly does not have his bloodlust "under control". He has been on a blood binge, and even stole from the local hospital.
- Jeremy and Anna reconnect.
- Just before the Gala, Stefan kidnaps Amber Benson, struggles with himself for a long time, and eventually bites her. Damon, Elena and Bonnie arrive just in time to save her.
- Because of his struggle, Stefan misses the call for escorting Elena for the dance. Damon quickly takes his place. ("Miss Mystic Falls")
Date is conjecture, but Damon says that human blood must be already out of Stefan's system.
- Stefan is imprisoned in the cellar. He refuses to eat, and is hallucinating.
- He remembers the time when he and Damon turned into vampires, trying to rescue Katherine. They were both shot by their fathers. Stefan feels all the angst for all the evil he has spread and decides to end his life.
- Elena convinces him to live to see another sunset, thanks to a nifty ring.
- Alaric and Damon team up to investigate John's extra-curricular activities, and find out he has been hiding a friendly tomb vampire named Henry.
- John stakes Pearl and Harper.
- Isobel comes to town, and she promises to go on a killing rampage unless Alaric arranges for a meeting between her and Elena.("Blood Brothers")
Alaric saw Isobel "last night".
- Elena meets with Isobel. She wants the Gilbert Device. To put pressure on Elena, she kidnaps Jeremy.
- We find out that Isobel is working for Katherine, and that Damon's allegiance is now with Elena.
- Tyler tries to appologise to Matt.
- Bonnie appologises to Elena, but lies to her. Bonnie did not take the spell on the Gilbert Device, as promised.
- Bonnie finds out that the device is a machine to be used against vampires.
- Jeremy tells Elena he knows "everything' from reading the journals.
- Isobel gives the device to John, and declares that Damon is in love with Elena.("Isobel (episode)")
Founders' Day is the 150th Anniversary of the founding of Mystic Falls.
- The tomb vampires plan to infiltrate the party and kill the founding family members.
- Anna gives Jeremy some of her blood and asks him to turn and stay with her.
- John Gilbert and Mayor Lockwood plan use the device to incapacitate the tomb vampires. Once they are down, they are vervained and taken to Dr Gilbert's old building. They then set fire to the building. History is repeating itself - the Founding families rounding up the vampires, taking them to a place and setting it on fire, as happened in 1864.
- Bonnie makes a spell that allows Stefan to rescue Damon.
- Both Richard and Tyler were affected by the device, but Richard was not weakened by vervain. Damon suggests that he is another type of beast.
- When Tyler is also affected by the device, he looses control and hits the car. Caroline collapses with internal bleeding.
- John stakes Anna. The leader of the Vampires kills Richard Lockwood.
- Damon apologises to Jeremy and offers to erase his memories. Jeremy drinks Anna's blood and takes a handful of pills.
- Damon kisses Katherine on the porch, thinking it was Elena.
- Katherine cuts John's fingers (and the ring), and stabs him with a knife.
- At Bonnie's insistence, Damon gives blood to save Caroline.("Founder's Day")
Caroline spends one night at the hospital.
- Mason Lockwood returns for the funeral of his brother.
- Stefan feeds his blood to John, and threatens to turn him into a vampire if he does not leave town.
- Katherine plays one brother against the other. Stefan decides not to take the bait.
- Damon confronts Elena about their kiss. When she rejects him, he kills Jeremy, but regrets instantly.
- Katherine kills Caroline, but as she has Damon's blood in her system, she wakes up in transition.("The Return")
It's the next day.
- Caroline wakes up in transition. She feeds from a bloodbag, thus completing the transition. She manages to compel the nurse and leaves the hospital.
- Jeremy is having a hard time dealing with the fact that he was killed by a vampire and brought back to life by a magic ring. He plans on killing Damon, but decides not to do it.
- At the Carnival, Caroline has a hard time controlling her strength and her bloodlust. She confronts Damon, telling him she remembers everything, and eventually kills one of the carnies.
- Damon compels a man to pick up a fight with Tyler. Mason interferes and shows some super human moves.
- Mason is looking for the Moonstone. Tyler finds it, but does not give it to him.
- Bonnie tries to burn Damon, but Elena stops her.("Brave New World")
No sequence clue, but it's the next full moon.
- Stefan takes care of Caroline and helps her adapt to being a vampire.
- After much insistence, Bonnie makes a Day walk ring to Caroline.
- Damon, Alaric and Elena travel to Duke University to try and find information about werewolves in Isobel's research.
- Vanessa, Isobel's assistant, shoots an arrow at Elena but Damon puts himself in front of Elena to protect her.
- They learn about the "Curse of the Sun and the Moon", and that werewolf bites are fatal to vampires.
- At the party by the swimhole, Caroline looses control and bites Matt accidentally.She erases the memory of the incident.
- Mason transforms into a werewolf. Now Tyler knows.
- Damon confesses to Elena that he did not see that Jeremy was wearing the ring when he was killed.("Bad Moon Rising")