Throughout The Originals Novel SeriesEdit
Rebekah met him when she posed as widow who had survived a bandit attack; however, in reality, she staged the attack. They eventually grew close and began a romantic relationship, during which time she learned about his deceased wife. After snooping, Rebekah also discovered he was a skilled vampire hunter who had been taught by her father. Rebekah then left the camp after discovering this fact, but she soon reconciled with him and promised to turn him once they were out of the city. On their way to the West Indies, the Hurricane Spell was cast on the city, causing Eric to be lost at sea while Rebekah survived with a heavy, grieving heart.
Rebekah mentions him as possibly passing on and that he died a human death.
Eric was a polite gentleman and was very kind. Rebekah said she felt safe around him.
Eric is very handsome, with thick brown hair with a touch of gray at the temples. His eyes were of a warm hazel shade, which Rebekah also described as being "kind."
- The Originals: The Rise (Death)
- The Originals: The Loss (Mentioned)
- The Originals: The Resurrection (Mentioned)
- Eric is derived from the Old Norse name Eiríkr. It means "one", "alone", "prince", "ruler", "powerful" or "rich".
- Moquet is probably of French origin, as Eric is from France.