|“||Look, Rebekah, I get that we had our Thelma and Louise thing back when I had my humanity off, but let me make one thing clear: we're not friends.||”|
Rebekah was originally mean toward Elena, but tried to befriend her only for Elena to dagger her. Rebekah tried to kill Elena numerous times, eventually succeeding and turning her into a vampire. Upon the latter's transition, their mutual enmity escalted to greater lengths, resulting in Elena actually going in towards Rebekah for the kill, but as Rebekah is older and also an Original, she typically defeats Elena with ease, furthering the latter's desir to see Rebekah be put down for good. They continued their rivalry until Jeremy's death, when Elena turned her humanity off and Rebekah offered her an alliance. They worked together to find the cure. Elena also moved in with Rebekah and decided she wanted her to have the cure so helped her pass Elijah's test. Rebekah seemed upset that Damon and Stefan were torturing Elena and stated that she wasn't broken. Once she got her humanity back, Elena told Rebekah that they weren't friends and Rebekah seemed hurt.
Elena and Alaric are attempting to translate the runes that were found on the caves. Rebekah's name appears there, as well as the rest of her family's. In an attempt to find out more about the family history, Elena decides to meet Rebekah in an attempt to befriend or blackmail her. Elena attempts to ask her at school, but she simply walks away, ignoring her. Elena later confronts her over Mikael, so Rebekah invites her over. Rebekah attempts to distract Elena with prom dresses, but eventually confesses to Elena involving the history, her necklace, and Esther.
Elena manages to convince Rebekah to help them in their plan to kill Klaus, along with Stefan and Damon. Stefan calls Klaus, but Klaus demands to talk to Rebekah. Rebekah confirms that Mikael's body is at their home. Elena later goes to see Rebekah, who is preparing herself for the Homecoming Ball. Rebekah says she just wants to have her first dance. Elena thanks her. Elena puts Rebekah's necklace on her, daggering her in the process.
Klaus is looking for Rebekah and threatens Elena by threatening to kill Jeremy, so she gives him Rebekah's body.
The Mikaelson family are ready to present themselves to Mystic Falls as a reunited family. Rebekah is still looking for revenge after Elena having neutralized her, so she decides to ask Matt to be her date to the ball, intending to kill him to get at Elena. However, she decides she likes him so decides against the idea. Elena later links the whole family with her blood so that if one dies, so will the others, and does not feel guilty about doing this to Rebekah.
Elena feels bad about her part in Esther's plan, and Elijah confronts Elena. He then kidnaps Elena, and sets Rebekah as her guard in the caves. Alaric daggers Kol, which temporarily neutralizes all of the Originals. Elena has enough time to run before Elijah pulls the dagger out, so she goes to a place where vampires cannot enter. Rebekah is about to burn the place down before Elena convinces her that if Damon and Stefan solve the situation, she would have used up all of her revenge.
Rebekah attempts to kill Elena and Matt by driving his truck off of Wickery Bridge. This is solely because she wants Alaric dead and his lifeforce is linked to Elena's. Elena drowns by requesting Stefan save Matt instead, but wakes up as a vampire.
Rebekah is turned on for causing Elena's death and turning her into a vampire. Rebekah seems pleased that Elena will die from not drinking a human's blood. She has a change of heart after seeing Elena and Stefan together, and gets Elena a guard to feed on.
Rebekah snapped Elena's neck by using April as a diversion. Rebekah compels Elena, Stefan and Caroline to stay in the library and tell her the truth on what she missed. Elena revealed she was no longer in love with Stefan but loved Damon. Rebekah refused to compel Stefan to forget about Elena. She then compelled Tyler to transform into a werewolf in an attempt to kill Elena.
Elena's both shocked and jealous to find out that Rebekah slept with Stefan. Rebekah, Stefan, Bonnie, Damon, Elena, and Jeremy arrived at the island to search for the cure. Rebekah and Elena continued their rivalry, but Elena offered her a truce by giving her the dagger. Rebekah later saved Elena from a trap sent by Vaughn. After learning that Jeremy was dead, Rebekah said that she wouldn't miss him, but also that she felt bad for Elena, who had lost her only family.
Elena and Rebekah go to a bar in New York with Damon, where they engage in a feeding threesome. Elena notices Damon leaving and she and Rebekah head to the bar. Rebekah offers to help Elena find the cure as Elena wants it gone and Rebekah wants to take it. However, Elena criticises her by calling her weak for wanting to be human, and says she doesn't need her. Elena tries to seduce Damon to get Katherine's address from him, but this attempt fails. Rebekah then appears and snaps his neck. Elena and Rebekah then steal Damon's car and head to Pensylvania.
Elena and Rebekah stop in a small town where Elena tries to feed on a girl who mistakes her for Katherine. Elena and Rebekah question the girl and Elena's eventually confronted by Katherine who is about to kill her when Rebekah shows up and stops her. They sit in a diner and Rebekah stabs Katherine with a fork so she won't leave. Rebekah's satisfied when Elena offers to meet "em" in Katherine's stead and the two enjoy mocking Katherine. Elena leaves, and Damon and Stefan find Rebekah and Katherine.
Elena moves in with Rebekah. Elena tries to guarentee Rebekah's place as Prom Queen by threatening April. She also tells Rebekah that she will go to the prom with her to ensure she passes Elijah's test to see if she's capable of being human. After Bonnie's named Prom Queen, Rebekah's hurt and Elena almost kills April in revenge. Elena also tells Rebekah that to get to Silas, they need to kill Bonnie. Rebekah tells Matt that Bonnie's in danger and Elena's planning something.
Rebekah finds out that Damon and Stefan are torturing Elena. She seems upset by it and states that she doesn't believe Elena is broken.
Rebekah later tries to get through to Elena, however she tells her that they may have been partners in the past but are not friends. Rebekah seems hurt by this.
- Rebekah: "Do you think I want to spend what could be the last few hours of my life having idle chit-chat with a girl who literally stabbed me in the back? Of course not, but for some reason everybody seems to want to bend over backwards to save your life, which is incredibly annoying, but makes you the perfect hostage."
- - All My Children
- Elena: "The cave where you carved your family`s names is covered in symbols, the story of your family. How your parents arrived, how they made peace, the spell that turned them into vampires, and this. This is the symbol for hybrid. It`s the combination of the werewolf and the vampire symbol. And this is the one for your mother. And this is the story of her death. The hybrid killed the original witch. Not Mikael, Klaus."
- - Ordinary People
- Elena (to Rebekah) : "So you left the only person on Earth that actually likes you?"
- Rebekah (to Elena) : "Well your boyfriend liked me once, actually, a lot more than once."
- - The Rager
- Rebekah: "And what if he can't? He's stronger than you. You know I could help you. You want the cure off the table and I want it. We can work together."
- Elena: "Work together... Don't you hate me?"
- Rebekah: "I hated the moral, self-righteous version of you but.. this ones' not so bad. Maybe its' your new haircut."
- Elena: "Do you even remember what its' like to be human? Weak, fragile, dull. Why would you want to go back to that?"
- Rebekah: "Because some day I want a family. My own."
- Elena: "And that's' exactly why I don't want your help. The best part about having no emotions is that I can think rationally. I'll do whatever it takes to get this done. You're the opposite; a pile of neuroses, insecurities, hopes and dreams."
- Rebekah: "You just made me miss the old Elena."
- - Because the Night
- Rebekah: (to Elena) "Yes, and last time I checked you're living in my house 'cause I'm the only one that can tolerate you, so you don't have to be so rude."
- Elena: (to Rebekah) "Then I want to come with you. Yeah, I'll keep an eye on you to make sure that you pass Elijah's test. As soon as you've gotten the cure, it'll be gone for good and no one will be able to use it on me."\
- - Pictures of You
- Elena: "Remember that time you tortured me until I told you how to find the cure? You ruined my relationship with Stefan and then you trapped us with a werewolf?"
- Rebekah: "Yeah. So?"
- Elena: "So you're not a good person. You're not gonna win this cure by being yourself. So just stand there and refrain from talking, okay?"
- - Pictures of You
- They were at a point where Rebekah trusted Elena, but it was lost when Elena stabbed her in the back.
- Rebekah killed Elena, turning her into a vampire, but was unaware she would become a vampire.
- They have both slept with Stefan, Damon and Matt. (Rebekah slept with all the guys that Elena slept with)
- They lived together for a short time before Elena moved back in with Damon.