|“||Elena, today I did things I abhor to protect the one thing I value most. My family. If anyone can understand that, it’s you. Your compassion is a gift, Elena. Carry it with you. As I will carry my regret. Always and forever.||”|
They later made a deal to help each other destroy their common enemy, Elijah's brother Klaus. During this time, Elena's actions and her willingness to put herself in harm's way earned her Elijah's respect and admiration who saw a lot of the qualities he valued in her. Despite both their betrayals, they always choose to trust each other. Elijah was shown to care for Elena. They later reunited when Elena posed as Katherine, and they shared a kiss.
They often referred to as "Elejah" by fans.
Throughout the seriesEdit
Elijah enters Rose and Trevor's hideout, believing they have Katherine. Rose, however, claims that they have better, a human Petrova doppelgänger. Elijah is skeptical about the existence of a doppelgänger because he thought that the Petrova line had ended with Katherine. Rose leads him to where Elena and Trevor are after making him give his word that he will pardon her. He is shocked to see Elena and smells her, confirming that she is human. Elena begs Rose not to let Elijah take her, but Elijah says they must leave, kills Trevor, and pardons Rose.
When Elijah's about to leave with Elena, she brings up the topic of the moonstone. She feels that she can negotiate with him, much to his amusement. Elijah removes the vervain necklace Elena is wearing and compels her to tell him where the moonstone is. Elena answers by saying that it was with Katherine in the tomb underneath the church, intriguing him.
When Stefan and Damon arrive, Elijah passes Elena to Rose but the brothers take them away as Elijah prepares a stake. He yells that they can't beat him and that he wants Elena. Elena then appears and begs him to take her with him if he doesn't harm the others. He's skeptical and she throws a vervain bomb in his face. Stefan shoots him multiple times with a stake gun but it does no harm. Stefan throws himself and Elijah down the stairs, Elijah is quickly on his feet and he is about to kill Stefan when Damon stakes him. Elena, Stefan and Damon escape. Elijah later awakens and pulls the stake out.
Elijah and Jonas use a locator spell to find Elena when she decides to give herself up to Klaus. Elena is shocked when she sees Elijah in the window's reflection, but when she turns around no one is there. Elijah tells Jonas he knows exactly where she is. He later shows up at Slater's house where Elena, Rose, and Damon are and kills the vampires who arrived to take Elena to Klaus. Rose flees in fear, but Elijah decides to spare Elena and Damon and leaves. Elijah tells Jonas that he had seen one of the Salvatore brothers who killed him. Jonas assumes that Elijah killed him but Elijah says he spared Damon because he knew Damon would die before letting anything happen to Elena. He revealed that both Damon and Stefan would protect Elena and he needed her to be safe.
Elijah met Elena at her house when Jenna invited him in to give him some files from the Historical Society. Upon seeing her, Elijah greets her by introducing himself as "Elijah Smith." He shakes Elena's hand and before leaving and he says he hopes they meet again. Seeing that he's gone, Elena runs up to Jeremy's room and knocks on his door. Elijah appears and gestures for her not to reveal that he is there so when Jeremy comes to the door, Elena tells him that that Jenna needs help with the boxes downstairs. Jeremy leaves and Elijah says it was "a wise choice" and examines her. Elena asks what he wants and he says they need to talk. Elijah offers her protection for everyone she loves if she lets him use her as bait for Klaus so Elijah can kill him. Elena says she will, but only if Elijah frees Stefan from the tomb in which he is trapped with Katherine. Elijah gets Jonas to lower the seal on the tomb and shows up at the tomb and reveals Elena's determination to Katherine and Stefan, shocking Katherine. He frees Stefan but compels Katherine to stay inside. Its later revealed that Elena respected Elijah and understood that nowhere in their deal did he mention saving her, but that she was okay with that.
Alaric stabs Elijah with a white oak ash dagger but, not knowing the dagger shouldn't be removed, Elijah returns soon afterwards. He goes to Jonas and orders him to find Elena right away. Elijah shows up at her family lakehouse where she is with Stefan. He shatters the door with pebbles and tells her they no longer have a deal. She tries a negotiation, but he says she has nothing left to negotiate. Elena says she will kill herself if he refuses to protect her loved ones even if they harm him, knowing he needs her alive. He says that Stefan will not let her die, to which she agrees and says she will then become a vampire. He calls her "bluff" so she stabs herself in the stomach. He panics, rushing towards her but unable to enter, and promises his protection if she lets him heal her. She asks for his word and he says, "You have my word." She falls into his arms and stabs him with the dagger which Damon gave her, killing him. Elijah's body is then moved downstairs at the Salvatore cellar.
After Bonnie fakes her death to fool Klaus and Damon promises Elena to let Bonnie die if there's ever a choice between the girls, she goes to the basement and removes the dagger from Elijah, hoping he will protect Bonnie or figure out a way to kill Klaus whilst sparing Bonnie. When he wakes up, he mistakes her for Katherine at first and asks, "Katerina?" Elijah has difficulties breathing and Elena realises that he hasn't been invited in since the house was signed over to her. He sloppily runs outside and upon recovery he tries to grab Elena but can't due to not being invited inside. Elijah asks her what happened to him. Elena tells him to lower his voice, saying that she will tell him, but not there. Elena asks if she can trust him but Elijah asks her the same thing. To prove herself, Elena gives him the dagger which shocks him and they leave the house together.
Elena tells Elijah that Klaus is now in Mystic Falls and has taken over Alaric's body. Elijah isn't surprised, telling her its one of Klaus's favorite tricks. Elena asks Elijah what Klaus is going to do next and says that he is the only one who knows Klaus which he confirms. Elena's phone begins to ring and she talks to Stefan who doesn't trust Elijah and thinks he'll only use Elena to get to Klaus. Elena, however, is confident in him and trusts him, since he is a noble-man and is a man of his word. She hangs up on Stefan, satisfying Elijah. They arrive at the Lockwoods' and Elijah compels Carol to invite him in for some new clothes. Once inside and in clean clothes, Elijah asks Elena if the Martins are dead which she says they are. He also speculates that Katherine would have been released from the tomb when he died and Elena says she may be dead, however Elijah says that Klaus would rather make her suffer than kill her. Elijah then tells Elena everything about Klaus, including that they are half-brothers and that Klaus is part-werewolf.
Elijah tells her about the Originals and how they were turned into vampires thousands of years ago. He also says that the Sun and the Moon Curse is fake and that they created the fake curse almost a thousands years ago; the real curse is that the moonstone bears Klaus' werewolf side so when activated, he will be a real hybrid. They return to the boarding house only to witness Stefan and Damon fighting over Elena. Elena stops them, telling them she has made a new deal with Elijah. In return for his help, he asks to be apologised to. Stefan tells him that he's sorry and Elijah understands that Stefan will always protect Elena. However, Damon leaves mad, disappointing Elijah but he accepts Stefan's apology that Damon's mad at him. The next day, Elijah explains Klaus's curse to Elena, Stefan and Damon. He states that he needs the moonstone and a witch to perform the ritual.
Elijah reveals that Klaus needs to stake a vampire, rip out a werewolf's heart, and drink the blood of the doppelgänger to the point of their death on a full moon at the birthplace of Elena; this is what will make him a true hybrid. Elijah shows Elena an elixir that will bring her back as a human after she is killed. He says it was meant for Katherine 500 years ago before she ran away. Elijah and Elena later talk alone and he asks her why she's doing this, to which she replies she either has to die or watch Klaus harm others in revenge. He says that the elixir may not work and that he doesn't want to mislead her, but she says, "I know the chance that I'm taking." Alaric then returns and announces that the sacrifice will take place that night. Not wanting to take a chance on the elixir, Damon feeds Elena his blood which would turn her into a vampire. Elijah announces the elixir is no longer needed and tells Damon that Elena will never forgive him and that will be a very long time once she is a vampire.
That night, Elena is taken from Stefan by Klaus. Elijah meets with Stefan and Alaric to prepare Klaus's death. When the ritual begins, Klaus kills Jules and Jenna as the werewolf and vampire, then kills Elena by drinking her blood. Bonnie attacks him with magic and Elijah shows up to kill him but Klaus convinces him to spare him so that he can show him where the rest of his family is. Elijah helps Klaus escape, betraying Elena.
When Rebekah attacks Elena for betraying her, Elijah arrives and saves Elena, telling Rebekah to leave. Elijah tells Elena they have a lot of catching up to do, promising her that no one will be harmed. He tells her that his mother, Esther, was inside the last coffin.
At the Mikaelson's Ball, Elijah intercepts Elena when she is about to talk to Esther and tells Elena that Esther's ability to forgive Klaus is weird after everything he's done. Elena then ask him if he thinks its all an act and he tells her it has him asking questions he never thought he'd ask.Elijah then asks her to tell him what Esther says, and Elena promises to tell him. However, Elena agrees with Esther's plan to kill her family, including Elijah, but she feels guilty for betraying him. When Elijah finds her later, he asks how it went with Esther. Elena tells him that she only wanted to talk and apologise for trying to have her killed in the past. Elijah then asks Elena if he can trust her and Elena says he can. When Esther makes her toast, Elena and Elijah stand together and stare at each other as they drink. They both witnessed Damon killing Kol and Elena felt guilty for betraying Elijah due to how he found a way for her to survive the sacrifice, and she was doing the opposite for him.
The next day, Elijah showed up at Elena's house and asks her to come with him as he had something to show her. They drove to an old place where Elijah tells Elena that 1000 years ago he used to play there as a child before the "founding families" built over it. He also mentions that there were underground caves where he and his family hid during a full moon. He says that Esther says there must be balance and mentions how he admires Elena.
Elijah then brings up how Elena lied to him and although she denies it, he insists he can hear it in her heartbeat. Elena says that when she met with Esther, she thought she had a way to kill Klaus and told him it is not just Klaus she wants to kill. Elijah then realises that he wants to kill all of her children says that she wants to undo the evil that she has created. Elena tells him wishes she could help him but Elijah then tells her that she should be careful what she wishes for. Elijah grabs Elena and, breaking a hole in the ground, takes her to the underground caves. He is willing to let Rebekah kill Elena, to use her to get Stefan and Damon to help him stop his mother, before their mother can kill them.
Upon her return home after escaping Rebekah, Elena finds a letter from Elijah expressing his regret and apologising to her, telling he did it for his family as they must always come first. He ends the letter, "Your compassion is a gift, Elena. Carry it with you, as I will carry my regret, always and forever. Elijah." Elijah tells Rebekah that he shouldn't have done that to Elena.
After Elena learned of the bloodline rule, she stated that she hoped Abby, Damon, Stefan and Caroline's bloodline was started by Elijah so that they could both kill Klaus and not die themselves, and because Elijah was her favorite Original.
Elijah later showed up at Elena's house again. Elena called Stefan who turned up. Elijah said that once he takes the white oak stake away from Alaric, he will have it in his possession, saying that once he has been disarmed his family will scatter to the ends of earth and Alaric will follow them, thus keeping the others safe. Stefan questions this. Elijah says he will run just like Klaus and Rebekah did from their father, Mikael. Elijah promises Elena that he will do this until her lifetime is over.
Elena says that she can't just deliver Klaus's body back to him so that he can bring him back. Elijah promised her that he would not revive Klaus in hers or even her children's lifetimes and said that might give him some manners. Matt didn't believe him since he has betrayed her in the past but Elijah said Elena could have been dead already and says to Elena that it is up to her whether she should trust him or not. Elena decided to trust Elijah since Klaus was his brother. Before Elijah and the others leave, Jeremy calls Alaric in the room where Elijah is, and tells him that Klaus's body is headed to the woods where Damon plans to bury him. Jeremy said that he bought it but Elijah and the rest just look at him. After Klaus's death, Stefan told Elijah about it and he had a moment with Rebekah before she decided to kill Alaric by killing Elena, as they were linked. Elijah left town, unaware of Rebekah's plan.
Season FourEditAfter discovering, along with Rebekah, that Katherine was planning to meet up with "em," Elena impersonated Katherine so that she could meet "em" instead. Elijah then arrived and called her Katerina, believing she was Katherine. Elena was shocked to see Elijah again but quickly recovered and passed herself as Katherine. Elijah is very friendly toward her and kisses her. Originally taken aback, Elena kisses him back. Elijah then asks Elena if she has the cure and she says she will go and get it, flirting with him. However, he sees her ring and, noticing she's Elena, demands to know where Katherine is.
Elijah took Elena to an alley and spoke to Stefan on the phone, threatening to "descend" upon Elena if Katherine was hurt. He was shocked that Rebekah was with Stefan and Damon. Elijah was shocked when Elena was outspoken and disrespectful to him and, confused, understood something was different with her. Elena told him that he was an idiot for believing there was still a part of Katerina inside Katherine and that there was hope to salvage her. She accused Katherine of lying to him, but he said that Katherine did not lie about Elena's transformation. He told her that he knew she had turned off her emotions and asked why.
- "My brother is dead, your girlfriend killed him"
- —Elena (Her reply to Elijah's question why she turned her emotions off.)[src]
He was shocked and she was unsympathetic, really pointing out that she had been right about Katherine's lies.
Elijah tells her that he knows the pain she's going through as he himself has lost several brothers. He says that he hopes one day she will be able to return to herself as it would be a shame if the world lost a soul as compassionate as hers. She then quoted the final words of his letter to her: "Your compassion is a gift, Elena. Carry it with you, always and forever." They begin to flirt and Elijah seems to enjoy "playing" with her until she spoils it by saying, "I enjoyed watching that letter burn, along with my old life, and along with my brother's body." He seemed hurt but Katherine then appeared, snapping Elena's neck, and apologising for being late. Elijah was wary.
Elijah later kneels over Elena's body, waiting for her to wake up. He confronts Katherine, asking her why she had to take Elena's last family away from her when that was what happened to her, too. It is seen afterward, kneeling over her body, waiting for her to wake. Katherine notices that Elijah has chosen to believe and trust Elena over her and is hurt by him, but mad at Elena. Katherine realises that Elijah and Elena share some sort of bond between them. Katherine insists that Elena has been lying and planting doubts in Elijah's mind, but he refuses to believe her. He's furious that she killed Jeremy. He ends up walking away before Elena wakes up, too hurt by Katherine.
- Elijah: (sniffing Elena) Human. It's impossible. Hello there.
- Elijah: Well, we have a long journey ahead of us. We should be going.
- Elena: (to Rose and Trevor) Please, don't let him take me.
- Elijah: (offering his hand to Elena) Come.
- Elena: No, what about the moonstone?
- Elijah: What do you know about the moonstone?
- Elena: I know that you need it, and I know where it is.
- Elijah: Yes.
- Elena: I can help you get it.
- Elijah: Tell me where it is.
- Elena: It doesn't work that way.
- Elijah: Are you negotiating with me? What is this vervain doing around your neck? (Tears her necklace from her neck and throws it to the side) Tell me where the moonstone is.
- Elena: In the tomb underneath the church ruins.
- Elijah: What is it doing there?
- Elena: It's with Katherine.
- Elijah: Interesting.
- Elijah: Excuse me. To whom it may concern, you're making a great mistake if you think that you can beat me. You can't. You hear that? I repeat... You cannot beat me. So I want the girl on the count of three or heads will roll. Do we understand each other?
- Elena: I'll come with you. Just don't hurt my friends. They just wanted to help me out.
- Elijah: What game are you playing with me?
- -- Rose.
- Elijah: Oh, forgive the intrusion. I mean your family no harm.
- Elena: Why'd you kill those vampires when they tried to take me?
- Elijah: Because I didn't want you to be taken. Klaus is the most feared and hated. But those who fear him are desperate for his approval. Word gets out the doppelgänger exists... there'll be vampires eager to take you to him, and I can't have that.
- Elena: Isn't that exactly what you're trying to do?
- Elijah: Well, let's just say my goal is not to break the curse.
- Elena: So, what is your goal?"
- Elijah: Klaus' obsessions have made him paranoid. He's a recluse. He trusts only those in his inner circle.
- Elena: Like you?
- Elijah: Not anymore.
- Elena: You don't know where he is, do you? So you're trying to use me to draw him out.
- Elijah: Well to do that, I need you to stay put and stop trying to get yourself killed.
- Elena: How do I know you're telling the truth?
- Elijah: Well, if I wasn't being truthful your family would be dead and I'd be taking you to Klaus right now. Instead, I'm here to offer you a deal.
- Elena: What kind of a deal?
- Elijah: Do nothing. Do nothing, live your life... stop fighting. And when the time is right, you and I shall draw Klaus out together. And I'll make certain your friends remain unharmed.
- Elena: And then what?
- Elijah: Then I kill him.
- Elena: Just like that?
- Elijah: Just like that.
- Elijah: I'm a man of my word, Elena. I make a deal, I keep a deal.
- Elijah: You know, I might not be able to enter this house, but I am a very patient man. I'll wait you out.
- Elena: They shouldn't have done what they did.
- Elijah: The deal is off.
- Elena: I'm renegotiating.
- Elijah: You have nothing left to negotiate with.
- Elena: (takes out a knife) I'd like to see you lure Klaus into Mystic Falls after the doppelgänger bleeds to death.
- Elijah: Stefan won't let you die.
- Elena: No, he won't. He'll feed me his blood to heal me, and then I'll kill myself and become a vampire, just like Katherine did. So unless you want that to happen again, promise me the same as before. Promise me that you won't harm anyone that I love. Even if they've harmed you.
- Elijah: I'm sorry, Elena. But I'm gonna have to call your bluff.
- Elena: (nods and stabs herself in the chest)
- Elijah: (rushes up to the door but can't come in) Okay! Okay! You can have your deal, just... let me heal you.
- Elena: Give me your word!
- Elijah: You have my word.
- Elena: (stumbles forward into his arms and stabs him, killing him)
- -- The Dinner Party.
- Elijah: I'm a little behind on the times, but I believe the term you're looking for is... OMG.
- Elijah: A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each.
- Elena: And where do I fit in to it?
- Elijah: (takes out a box) The final part of the ritual. Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger... to the point of your death.
- Elena: And that's when you come in.
- Elijah: (opens the box) This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation.
- Elena: So I'll be dead...
- Elijah: And then you won't.
- -- Klaus.
- Elena: You'd think he'd understand why I'm willing to do this.
- Elijah: Why are you?
- Elena: I'm the key to breaking the curse. Klaus is here because of me. If I don't stop him, then he's gonna hurt people. It's that simple.
- Elijah: You know there is a possibility this elixir won't work. I don't want to mislead you.
- Elena: I know the chance I'm taking.
- -- The Last Day.
- Elijah: Well... I believe we have a little catching up to do.
- Elijah: Elena. I understand my mother requested to see you.
- Elena: Uh, yeah. Why, is something wrong?
- Elijah: Well, her ability to forgive my brother after everything he's done to destroy this family strikes me as a little strange to say the least.
- Elena: Do you think that it's an act?
- Elijah: It has me asking questions I never thought I'd ask. Can I depend on you to tell me what she says?
- Elena: Of course. I'll find you later, okay?
- Elijah: So how was my mother?
- Elena: Intense.
- Elijah: And for what reason did she need to speak to you in private? Elena. Should I be concerned about my mother's intentions?
- Elena: She just wanted to apologize for trying to have me killed.
- Elijah: So it's true, then? She's forgiven Klaus?
- Elena: It's true.
- Elijah: Elena.
- Elena: Elijah.
- Elijah: I don't mean to intrude. I was hoping you might accompany me. I want to show you something.
- Elijah: Forgot how much I missed this land.
- Elena: I can't even imagine what it must have been like a thousand years ago.
- Elijah: You know, your school was built over an Indian village. Where I saw my first werewolf. The town square is where the natives would gather to worship. Matter of fact, near that, there was a field where wild horses used to graze.
- Elena: That's incredible.
- Elijah: Come.
- Elena: Do you know this place too?
- Elijah: I do. Below us is a cavern I use to play in as a boy. Connects to a system of tunnels that stretch across the entire area. Perhaps it's nature's way of providing us with shelter against the savagery of the full moon. My mother said there must be a balance.
- Elena: Elijah, I should probably go home.
- Elijah: I admire you, Elena. You remind me of qualities I valued long before my mother turned us. It's not in your nature to be deceitful and yet when I asked about your meeting with my mother the other night, you lied to my face.
- Elena: That's not true. I told you that all your mother wanted was a new start.
- Elijah: I can hear your heartbeat. It jumps when you're being dishonest with me. You lied to me at the ball, you are lying to me now. Tell me the truth.
- Elena: I never wanted this to happen.
- Elijah: What, Elena?
- Elena: We were told that whatever was going to be in that coffin was going to kill Klaus. When we found out that it was your mother we didn't know what to think.
- Elijah: Since her return she says she only wants this family whole again.
- Elena: When she asked to see me, I… I thought that maybe she could help. That she would find a way to kill Klaus. It's not just Klaus that she wants to kill.
- Elijah: She wants to kill us all, doesn't she? She wants to undo the evil she created.
- Elena: I'm so sorry, Elijah. I wish there was something I could do to help.
- Elijah: You know, one thing I've learned with my time on this Earth… be careful what you wish for. (He breaks a hole into the earth, grabs her, and jumps down the hole with her)
- -- All My Children.
- Elijah: Elena, today I did things I abhor to protect the one thing I value most. My family. If anyone can understand that, it's you. Your compassion is a gift, Elena. Carry it with you. As I will carry my regret. Always and forever. Elijah.
- -- All My Children.
- Elijah: "Katerina."
- Elena (pretending to be Katherine): "Elijah . . . you're a little late, aren't you?"
- Elijah: "You coloured your hair? I like it."
- Elena (pretending to be Katherine): "Thank you; it's actually gonna--"
- (Elijah cuts her off, surprising her with a kiss.)
- Elijah: "I missed you."
- Elena (pretending to be Katherine): "And I've missed you."
- Elijah: "It's an interesting little town you've chosen to settle down in. So do you have it with you?"
- Elena (pretending to be Katherine): "Do I have what?"
- Elijah: "The cure."
- Elena (pretending to be Katherine): "It's in a safe place. Why don't I go and get it and then I'll bring it back."
- Elijah: (grabbing who he now knows to be Elena's arm) "Where's Katherine, Elena?"
- -- American Gothic..
- Elena: "You're both idiots."
- Elijah: "Excuse me?"
- Elena: (sighs dramatically) "What happened to you, Elijah? I mean I thought you were supposed to be a man of honor and yet you've been hooking up with Katherine this entire time?"
- Elijah: "Well, I suppose this man of honor always shared a connection with Katherine. She contacted me when she learned about the cure; we thought we could be of mutual use to one another."
- Elena: "Of mutual use?"
- Elijah: (in consent) "Mm-hmm."
- Elena: "Please. You fell for her trap just like every other one of those idiots."
- Elijah: "You underestimate me, Elena. I know who she is; I know what she's done."
- Elena: "And you think she's changed? She's playing you. She lied to you, Elijah."
- Elijah: "She didn't lie to me about your transformation. You're not just a vampire though, are you? There's something else, you're . . . you're not yourself. You've abandoned your emotions. Why?
- Elena: My brother's dead. Your girlfriend killed him. (after seeing Elijah's shocked expression) You didn't know? Of course you didn't."
- Elijah: "She lied."
- Elena: "I hate to say 'I told you so' but . . . duh!
- Elijah: "I know what it feels like to lose a brother and I'm sorry for your pain. I . . . I only hope that you can find your way back to yourself someday."
- Elena: "Just like you hope Katherine will find her way back? You still think that innocent girl you saved from Klaus ages ago is in there somewhere?"
- Elijah: "I'd like to think so, yes."
- Elena: "She's not. She's a monster now, Elijah. The sweet peasant girl you fell in love with way back when is dead. And she's not coming back."
- Elijah: "I'm not a fool, Elena. Of course this possibility occurred to me, but what kind of man would I be if I didn't try to find my Katerina beneath this Katherine façade?"
- Elena: "You boys are all the same. Damon and Stefan still think that the girl they love is still in here somewhere, too.
- Elijah: "You can't blame them for having hope, Elena. It'd be a shame if the world lost a soul as compassionate as yours."
- Elena: "Your compassion is a gift, Elena. Carry it with you always and forever. I remember reading that in a letter once."
- Elijah: "The writer sounds positively gifted. I'm sure he meant what he wrote."
- Elena: "I'm sure he did. And it felt good to watch that letter burn, along with my old life, and along with Jeremy's body."
- -- American Gothic.
Season Four Edit
NOTE: DO NOT REMOVE THESE VIDEOS FROM THIS PAGE
- Elena reminds Elijah of Tatia.
- Elijah, unlike most of his family, does really care about Elena and his humanity, and the only Original whom Elena likes. Finn is the only other to be moral.
- No matter how many times Elena has betrayed Elijah and he betrays her, they always forgive each other about it even if it should be unforgivable.