|“||You're a vampire. Your blood heals others, your body heals itself. You'll regenerate parts of internal organs, after I remove them.||”|
— Dr. Whitmore to Damon
He was a member of the Whitmore Family.
Not much is known about Dr. Whitmore's early history, only that sometime in WWII he captured Enzo and brought him to Whitmore College.
Throughout The Vampire Diaries Series
In The Cell, it was shown that decades ago, Dr. Whitmore had captured Damon Salvatore and kept him as a prisoner of Augustine. He had also been experimenting on a vampire named Enzo for ten years prior to that. He tortured the two vampires for five years prior to Damon's escape from the facility during the Augustine New Years' party, where he would let the guests drink from the vampires to show the results of his experimentation. During Damon's escape, he initially attacked Whitmore, gauging out his eyes as retribution for Whitmore poking and prodding at his own eyes. He then bit into Whitmore, draining him of his blood, killing him, before Damon proceeded to kill the members of Augustine present as the house was set ablaze.
- Detoured On Some Random Backwoods Path to Hell (Mentioned)
- His first name is not known.
- Whitmore is an alternate spelling of Whittemore which is of English origin, with Old English spelling of hwit "white" and mor "moor, bog".
- His family are the founders of Whitmore College.
- His descendants have suffered as a result of his torturing Damon. Damon killed them for revenge.