Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
[It's morning. Silas is sitting on a bench at a bus stop next to a couple. He talks to them, while they're hugging each other. He has a bandage over his neck and blood has soaked through in the center.]
- Silas: Have you ever been in love? Love. Hello, you two.
- Woman: Yeah, we are together, in love.
- Silas: Aw, that's so adorable. I love love. I do. Yeah. I have a soul mate, too, you know, that love at first sight, want to live forever, love is eternal kind of love? Amara - that's her name. [He smiles and look at them] See, the problem is that when I first met Amara, I was with another woman, so I kinda cheated on her. Which, to be honest with you, it really wouldn't have been that big of a deal, except that it turned out that the other woman was a raging lunatic, so when she found out that I cheated on her she freaked out and turned Amara into stone, like, literally. Medusa-style.
- Man: Dude, are you like, okay?
- Silas: What do you mean? You think I'm crazy? Why do you think I'm crazy? All I've wanted for the last two thousand years was to be reunited with the love of my life. How is that crazy?
- Woman: Maybe the turned her to stone part.
- Man: Or the two thousand years part.
- Silas: No, guys, we were both immortal and now we're not. Hello?
[The couple believes that Silas is really crazy, so the man pushes their bag under the bench with his foot.]
- Silas: Look, the point is that I finally got a chance to hold Amara in my arms and what does she do? She jams a chunk of glass into my carotid artery. Look, look.
[Silas peels back part of the bandage on his neck.]
- Man: No, thanks.
- Silas: Listen, you two. Here's my advice. Live it up. You know, enjoy this love while it lasts because let me tell you something. Just a couple days ago, I was psychic, I was immortal, I was in love. Now my neck hurts, my soul is crushed, I'm sitting in a bus stop in frigging Delaware.
- Woman: You're in Philly.
- Silas: I'm in Philly? Ohh! God, it's even worse.
[The man groans in pain and bends over.]
- Woman: What's going on, babe? Hey. What's going on? Hey. Talk to me.
[The man starts throwing up blood, because Silas is using his witch powers.]
- Woman: Oh, my God. What's happening? [to Silas] What are you doing to him?
- Silas: I think I'm liquefying his internal organs. Did I fail to mention that I'm a witch?
- Woman: Please stop!
- Silas: No! I'm pissed off at the world, and I'm taking it out on your so-called lover.
- Woman: Please!
- Silas: And I'm thinking you might be my next victim.
- Woman: Oh, my God!
[The woman runs away from the bus stop in the middle of nowhere, while her boyfriend is dying.]
- Silas: Look at that. Unbelievable. Love is so damn fickle. Incredible. Here you go, buddy. Come on up. Come on up, come on up, come on up. [He helps the man sit down back on the bus stop bench.] Up you go. That's good, good. Buses, however...[A Virginia-bound bus comes]...tried and true.
[Stefan picks up the man's duffel bag and boards the bus.]
Salvatore Boarding House
[Stefan is in his bed having nightmares about Silas, remembering the torture of drowning over and over again. He hears Elena's voice whisper "Stefan" and he suddenly he wakes up. Elena is in his room, having just opened the curtains. She's holding a cup of coffee.]
- Elena: Morning. I made coffee. How did you sleep?
- Stefan: Ohh...Not great.
- Elena: First night back in your own bed. Not as comfy as Tessa's couch, huh?
- Stefan: If we're gonna talk about Tessa, I think I'm gonna need that caffeine. [Takes the cup and has a sip.] So, uh, what's with the wake up call?
- Elena: I miss you. I feel like when you lost your memories, I lost a friend, and I was thinking instead of just describing how much we meant to each other, maybe we could just start fresh. Hi, I'm Elena.
- Stefan: I was driving to Portland.
- Elena: What?
- Stefan: The night I took Silas to the quarry, I said goodbye to Lexi, and then I decided to keep driving west.
- Elena: Wait. Hang on. How do you remember that?
- Stefan: Because my memories are back.
- Elena: Really? Are you serious? How?
- Stefan: Tessa came here last night and she undid whatever spell fried my brain and it's all back. I can remember everything.
- Elena: [Smiling.] Stefan, this is great! [hugs Stefan] This is amazing.
[A moment later, Stefan, Damon and Elena are sitting downstairs, and Damon is testing Stefan's memory.]
- Damon: October 1852.
- Stefan: You broke my nose trying to teach me how throw a right hook.
- Damon: But not on purpose. [to Elena] Just to be clear. [She laughs.] How much did you pay for that hunk of junk motorcycle you ride. [smirking.]
- Stefan: That's a trick question. You bought me that motorcycle, although I'm guessing it was pretty expensive.
- Damon: So Tessa just gave you back your memories, no strings attached.
- Stefan: Well it wasn't exactly a gift. It was a lot to take in at once, everything from blowing out the candles on my first birthday cake to drowning in a safe. [He has the same flashback of him drowning.]
- Elena: Stefan.
[Stefan holds his glass a little too tight and it breaks in his hand.]
- Damon: Whoa! Easy there, buddy.
- Elena: Stefan, where did you go?
- Stefan: All that and I still can't remember my own strength. [He hears a sound.] What was that noise?
- Damon: Uh, well that is...
- Elena: We have a situation.
- Damon: Of the doppelgänger variety.
- Elena: Yeah.
- Stefan: Katherine?
- Damon: No, nope, not Katherine.
[They walk down into the cellar and Stefan peers through the cell door window and sees Amara screaming and trying to cut loose from her handcuffs.]
- Amara: I don't know! I don't know.
- Stefan: [to Damon] What's wrong with her?
- Damon: Tessa turned her into a block of rock, left her in a box for two thousand years, probably went a little stir crazy like those deserted island guys who talk to volleyballs.
- Amara: I said I don't know!
- Stefan: So, you're telling me that this girl is the only thing holding together the other side?
- Damon: Yep. She's the anchor.
- Amara: Leave me alone.
- Damon: As long as she's alive, the other side exists, and we can keep trying to get Bonnie from over there.
- Amara: I said I don't know!
- Stefan: Well, considering she's immortal, I'd say we have plenty of opportunity.
- Damon: You'd think, except last night she stuck a hole in Silas' neck, sucked the cure right out of him, so now she's not only nuts, she's mortal, which means we have to keep her ordinary little human heart beating until we get Bonnie back.
- Stefan: How would you plan to do that?
- Damon: Silas made a pinky promise that he'd do a spell to bring her back. Unfortunately, he's taking his sweet time coming back to Mystic Falls.
- Damon: Ah! Amara, stop.
[Amara is biting herself on the wrists so she can bleed to death. Damon opens the door and stops her.]
- Amara: Ahhhh! No! No! Let me die. I want to die!
- Damon: [to Stefan] Let's hope love is blind or at least deaf.
[Meanwhile upstairs, Bonnie is standing in front of a big window and is staring out of it when Jeremy approaches her.]
- Jeremy: It turns out that it's not gonna be that easy to keep Amara alive.
- Bonnie: [turns around to face him] I wonder what will happen if she dies and the Other Side gets destroyed. Do you think there will be, like, a white light and then nothing? It won't hurt, will it? That would suck if it hurt.
- Jeremy: Bon, there's something I want to tell you. Actually, there are three things that I want to tell you.
- Bonnie: Don't you dare give me a goodbye speech.
- Jeremy: [he sits next to her] This is not a goodbye. That's the first thing.
- Bonnie: Okay.
- Jeremy: I know one way or another that you will always be here. The second is thank you for giving your life up for me.
- Bonnie: Jer.
- Jeremy: And the third is--
- Bonnie: Wait. Don't tell me. If you don't tell me, we'll have to wait until another time, which means there will be another time.
- Jeremy: I'm not sure it works like that.
- Bonnie: Just go with it, okay?
[Bonnie puts up her hand and Jeremy does the same, like they are about to touch.]
Doctor Maxfield's Lab
[Dr. Wes Maxfield is looking at some X-rays on a wall-mounted lightbox.]
- Katherine: So, what am I looking at here, hmm, blood clot, tumor, what?
- Dr. Maxfield: I did a full workup on your blood, Katherine. It's clean.
- Katherine: My hair is going gray and my teeth are falling out. I'm not sure what that suggests, but it's definitely not health.
- Dr. Maxfield: [into his recorder] Patient is irritable. Not sure if this is a symptom or personality.
[Katherine stands up, snatches the recorder from his hand and smashes it by throwing it against the wall. She stands inches from his face.]
- Katherine: Personality. Now tell me exactly what the hell is going on with me.
- Dr. Maxfield: You're aging.
- Katherine: What?
- Dr. Maxfield: You said you were turned into a vampire five hundred years ago, give or take, and now that you're human, let's just say time is catching up with you.
- Katherine: [turns away from him, concerned] Okay. Okay. Well, how do we stop it?
- Dr. Maxfield: We don't. It's just life running its course quicker than normal.
- Katherine: How much quicker?
- Dr. Maxfield: If it continues at this rate, you have a few months. I'm sorry.
[He walks away form her and she has tears in her eyes.]
[The scene cuts between Silas on the bus and Damon at the mansion. Silas' cell phone rings, he answers.]
- Silas: Hello, Damon.
- Damon: Well, look who decided to pick up his phone. Is your secretary out sick?
- Silas: They prefer administrative assistants now, thank you very much. I learned that on the bus. Very nice people on here, by the way.
- Damon: You're taking a bus? Not to sound like a dick, man, but we're in a little bit of a rush over here.
- Stefan: Yeah, but you know what's great about the bus? Open road, Damon. There's all this time to think, watch everyday human beings in their normal environment. Did you know that gas is over three dollars a gallon at the moment? It seems to really concern a lot of people.
- Damon: This is not a time to have an every-man crisis. We need you back here to resurrect Bonnie before your nutter butter soul mate offs herself and destroys the Other Side.
- Stefan: Yeah. I've been thinking about that. Amara needs to die.
- Damon: Pardon me?
- Silas: My poor Amara, all those years trapped in stone clearly left her unhinged, so look, if she doesn't want to spend another moment on this earth, then I'm more than happy to put her out of her misery and spend the rest of eternity in the afterlife with her, but listen, if you want to go ahead and kill her and save me the trouble, then please, by all means.
- Damon: Not till you bring Bonnie back, remember? Promises made, metaphorical hand shook.
- Stefan: I've been thinking about that, too, Damon. Remember when I told you that the universe is working to draw our doppelgängers together and you laughed in my face? Well, if you don't bring Bonnie back from the Other Side, then you'll be breaking your promise to Elena, and the idea of jeopardizing your relationship brings me this perverse amount of joy, so I've decided not to help you, Damon, and I will see you soon. I'm looking forward to all this being over. Bye.
[Silas hangs up the phone. Damon cannot believe what he just heard and is upset. Bonnie is standing next to him.]
[Caroline is walking down some stairs and on the phone.]
- Caroline: Hey, Jesse. You missed our study session again. Where are you? Look. I'm really worried. Just call me. [She hangs up.]
- Nadia: Well, that was pathetic.
[Caroline looks at Nadia who is sitting at a table nearby.]
- Caroline: Um, I'm sorry?
- Nadia: Leaving a message for a boy who-- what's the American phrase-- oh, is just not that into you?
- Caroline: And who are you?
- Nadia: I'm looking for Katherine Pierce. I heard she was living here, so I checked your room.
- Caroline: What? You went into my room?
- Nadia: Do you know where she is or not?
- Caroline: Great. Even Katherine's friends are bitches.
- Nadia: I'm not her friend.
[Katherine walks in and sees Nadia and Caroline.]
- Katherine: Are you kidding me?
- Nadia: [to Katherine] I need to speak with you.
- Caroline: Um, how do you two know each other?
- Nadia: Katherine is my--
- Katherine: She's my stylist. [She clears her throat.] She cuts my hair.
- Caroline: Okay. Whatever.
[Caroline walks away.]
- Katherine: So...What do you want?
- Nadia: Sit. You've been avoiding me.
- Katherine: Yeah. I've been a busy girl doing busy things.
[Katherine starts to walk away but Nadia grabs her hard by the wrist and vamps out.]
- Nadia: Sit.
[Katherine sits at the table with Nadia.]
Salvatore Boarding House
[Stefan, Damon, and Elena are talking.]
- Elena: We need to buy some more time, protect Amara. Maybe we should move her somewhere else.
- Damon: Silas is a witch. He's a living, breathing, GPS tracking device. He'll track her wherever we take her.
- Elena: We can't let him anywhere near her until he brings Bonnie back.
- Stefan: Weren't you listening to anything? He's not gonna bring her back.
- Elena: So, what, I should just give up? Come on, Stefan. You got your memory back. You know me probably better than anyone else. Do you really think that I'm gonna give up?
- Stefan: You know what? You're right. I do know you. You put your hope in all the wrong places and sometimes [looking at Damon] in the wrong people. [to Elena] Silas needs to die and put us all out of our misery.
- Elena: So long as he's alive, I'm holding out hope that he can still help us.
- Stefan: Well, as someone who just spent the last 3 months at the bottom of a quarry because of the guy, I wouldn't hold your breath, pun intended. Silas needs to die, and I need to be the one to kill him, end of story.
[Stefan leaves the room.]
[In the cellar, Amara sits in her cell trying to get her rope-tied hands free. Bonnie stands at the door. Jeremy comes with sandwich on a plate.]
- Jeremy: How's our mental patient doing?
- Bonnie: I guess all those years alone sent her over the edge.
[Jeremy approaches Amara. She looks scared.]
- Jeremy: Relax. I'm-- I"m just bringing dinner.
[Amara stares at Jeremy while he puts the plate on the floor.]
- Amara: I know you.
- Jeremy: I don't think so.
[He starts to take the ropes off her wrists.]
- Amara: You're the hunter. [Jeremy looks at her confused.] I never forget a face, but Silas killed you. You're dead.
- Jeremy: I was. I came back.
- Amara: How? I said, how? [She looks at Bonnie.] It was you, wasn't it? You're a witch. You brought him back.
- Bonnie: You can see me?
- Amara: Of course I can see you. I'm not blind. I have eyes. Or are you dead? I get so mixed up. I can't tell the difference between the living or the dead.
- Jeremy: Can you see people on the Other Side?
- Amara: I am the anchor to the Other Side. I can see everything.
[Bonnie tries to touch Amara on her shoulder.]
- Amara: Don't touch me! Please don't-- don't touch me.
- Bonnie: I can touch her.
- Jeremy: Okay. That's weird.
- Bonnie: Jer, I think I've got an idea.
[Later upstairs in the parlor, Jeremy is talking with Damon and Elena. Bonnie is near Jeremy.]
- Jeremy: Amara could see Bonnie, and Bonnie could touch her. They made physical contact. It's like Amara's got a foot on each side or something.
- Elena: Amara exists in both places at once, here and the Other Side?
- Damon: Then she's not crazy crazy, she's just talking to dead supernatural beings roaming around in our basement.
- Bonnie: That's not the point.
- Jeremy: The point is if Silas isn't gonna help us, what if Bonnie could be the same thing? What if she existed on both sides at once? What if she became the anchor?
- Elena: You're right. Jeremy, you're right. So, all we would need is someone who could do that spell.
- Damon: Oh, please don't say who I think you're gonna say.
- Elena: Think about it. Silas wants Amara to die, and Amara wants Amara to die, so who, besides us, in the one person with the biggest stake against letting that happen?
[Tessa opens the door and finds Damon.]
- Damon: I was hoping we could talk.
- Tessa: And I was hoping you were my Chinese food. Good bye.
[She tries to close the door, but Damon stops it.]
- Damon: You remember Amara,right, brunette, brown eyes, I'm surprisingly not in love with her?
- Tessa: What about her?
[Tessa walks in and Damon follows.]
- Damon: Well, she took the cure, she wants to die, and we have her.
- Tessa: But she's alive?
- Damon: For now. Silas is literally on his way to kill her. He's completely obsessed with destroying the Other Side so that he and Amara can live happily ever after in the great beyond. Man, you were right about these doppelgängers. They do always end up together. So how does it feel to say, "I told you so"?
- Tessa: Like I want to shoot fireballs at Silas and drown him in acid.
- Damon: See? That's what I thought. So, how would you feel about us making a deal?
Salvatore Boarding House
[Stefan is in his room looking out his balcony door windows. Elena is talking to him from the middle of the room.]
- Elena: Haven't you heard is bad luck to kill your doppelgänger?
- Stefan: Yeah? Well, if I don't kill him, he wins.
- Elena: And what if he kills you first? Witches aren't exactly easy to take down. We just got you back, Stefan. Don't do anything crazy. You and I have been down the revenge road, and it's not worth it.
- Stefan: You know, there were these moments in that safe, a stillness in time when I was dead right before I was about to come back to life, I would think about things in the past that made me happy, things that gave me hope. All these things kept me sane. They pushed me to hang on when all I wanted to do was give up and turn off my humanity, but eventually, the pain took those moments away from me, too.
- Elena: I'm so sorry.
- Stefan: Every time I close my eyes, I can see Silas stabbing me, I can feel myself drowning, and I need to make it stop. If I don't kill him, I'm gonna lose my mind, or I'm gonna turn off my humanity...Or both.
- Damon: So, here's my pitch. In order to keep the Other Side in place, you need something to anchor the spell, right, something powerful, like an immortal being powerful. Now, Amara was obviously a great choice until she downed the cure.
[Tessa starts pouring hot water into two mugs while Damon speaks.]
- Damon: So, would you consider someone who's dead but stuck on the Other Side a viable candidate?
- Tessa: An anchor swap?
- Damon: Because I've got a volunteer.
- Tessa: I'd be making a ghost a human toll booth between our side and the Other Side, giving her the power to interact with our physical world and the supernatural purgatory.
- Damon: So what's the problem?
- Tessa: I need a massive amount of power to do a transfer spell like that.
- Damon: Fine. Name your poison.
- Tessa: I need something to draw on. The moon's not full, I don't think there's a worthy comet for another couple billion years.
- Damon: Think hard. I have a girlfriend at home who misses her best friend and a wacky stowaway on suicide watch. It's ridiculous.
- Tessa: Doppelgängers. They're powerful, mystical, naturally recurring.
- Damon: You want doppelgänger blood? I got doppelgängers coming out of my ears. How many do you want?
[Katherine is eating from a bag of pork rinds.]
- Nadia: You hate junk food. You call it toxic poison.
- Katherine: Yeah? Well, I've decided to live a little. Now, may I be excused, scary vampire daughter?
- Nadia: You've been avoiding me. I don't like it.
- Katherine: Clearly.
- Nadia: We had a moment, you and I. There was a bond. I felt it, and then, nothing. You abandoned me all over again.
- Katherine: Okay. First of all, I never abandoned you. You were snatched out of my arms at birth because my father thought I was a knocked-up, shameful slut, and second of all, it's been five hundred years. Do we really have to do this whole mother-daughter bonding thing? Estrangement is so much easier, don't you think?
[Caroline walks in.]
- Caroline: Sorry to interrupt the world's weirdest lunch, but, you with the doppelgänger blood, duty calls.
- Katherine: Wonderful. Now that Katherine's a human and fragile, everyone thinks that they can just boss her around. [Caroline tries to grab her by the arm, she pulls away.] Hands off, okay? I'm going.
- Nadia: We're not done.
- Katherine: Oh, yes, we are.
[Katherine walks away. Caroline smirks at Nadia and leaves.]
Salvatore Boarding House
- Tessa: So, you live in this giant mansion with two doppelgängers that are destined to end up together? I swear there's a sitcom in there somewhere. So, where's the ancient boyfriend-stealing bitch?
- Damon: This way.
[A moment later, Elena opens the door to the basement room. Tessa stands by her. She shows her Amara, who's tied to a chair.]
- Tessa: That'll be all. [She closes the door after stepping inside.] Well, if it isn't the face that launched a thousand doppelgängers. A little birdie told me you aren't enjoying your immortal life. [She grabs Amara's face.] two thousand years, you have nothing to say to me? No apology?
[Elena is outside the door, listening.]
- Amara: I'm sorry.
- Tessa: What was that?
- Amara: I'm sorry.
- Tessa: Oh.
- Amara: That is what you want to hear, isn't it? How I have suffered, how every moment of my life has been a living hell? It has! [Tessa smirks.] My sin was falling in love, and I've learned my lesson. You win. You won. Now, please, kill me. Please. Please kill me!
- Tessa: Don't worry. When I make someone else the anchor, I will, and since you're nothing more than a non-supernatural human, you'll pass on while Silas is trapped on the Other Side, and the you and Silas, you're gonna spend eternity apart and that is gonna be kind of fantastic for me. Selfishly speaking.
[Upstairs, Caroline and Katherine enter the boarding house.]
- Katherine: The cute one's here.
- Caroline: [to Tessa] She's all yours.
- Tessa: Let me guess. You must be...Who now?
- Katherine: Let's be clear. I don't care about Bonnie Bennett or the Other Side going away or Elena getting her best friend back.
- Tessa: You want something. I'm shocked.
- Katherine: I had the cure you created running through my veins, and when Silas sucked it out of me, I started aging faster than normal. So basically, I'm dying, and I need you to fix me. [Tessa smiles.] You made the cure. Now, make something that stops the aging. Otherwise, no blood for you.
- Tessa: Fine. When the ritual's finished and Bonnie is the anchor, we'll find a way to stop you from dying.
- Katherine: Thank you.
- Tessa: Now, where's Tweedledee and Tweedledum?
[Later, in the drawing room, Amara, Katherine and Elena stand around a small table. Tessa puts a grimoire on it.]
- Amara: What is that?
- Elena: It's Bonnie's grimoire.
- Amara: A grim--what?
- Katherine: It's a magic spell book. [under her breath] Idiot.
- Tessa: It's a talisman. Since Bonnie can't be here, her grimoire will have to do. Hands in, palms up.
[Amara extends her arm shyly but Tessa grabs her and cuts her palm with a blade that was on the table. The blood falls on the grimoire.]
- Tessa: Sorry, love. Did that hurt?
- Amara: I've been through worse.
- Katherine: [She extends her arm.] Easy, okay? I'm fragile these days.
[Katherine grabs the blade while Tessa is holding it by the handle. She squeezes enough that it cuts her, she winces in pain, and the blood falls on the grimoire as well. Elena smiles and extends her hand to Tessa who just punctures her hand with the tip of the blade. She keeps smiling and looks at Katherine while the blood falls on the grimoire. She shows no signs of pain.]
- Katherine: Showoff.
- Tessa: Ina pran khos suptheia jhem ai pada khey rasattan. Ina pran khos suptheia jhem ai pada khey ra sattam, ina pran khos suptheia jhem ai prada khey rassattan!
[As Tessa casts the spell, the blood of all the three doppelgängers form the celtic symbol called Triquetra, meaning "trinity". All the candles light up, then they turn off. Bonnie is standing there, but it's not clear yet if the spell has worked.]
- Tessa: No.
- Katherine: Is it done?
- Tessa: No, it's not done.
[The wind blows strong, the lights crack with electricity and the bulbs explode.]
- Elena: What is happening?
- Tessa: Silas is happening! Show yourself, bastard!
[The room goes dark.]
- Katherine: I can't see anything. Can you?
[Damon walks in with a flashlight.]
- Damon: Electricity's out in the whole house. What happened.
- Elena: Silas is here.
- Damon: Well, Silas owes me a fuse box. Hang on. I only count two doppelgängers. Where's crazy pants?
- Elena: And where's the other crazy?
[Elena realizes Silas is behind it and walks out of the room.]
[Meanwhile Tessa walks into the library with a lit candelabrum.]
- Tessa: That was quite the show, Silas.
- Silas: Thank you. You haven't seen the love of my life running around here by any chance, have you?
- Tessa: Nope. Maybe you shouldn't have turned the lights off, genius.
[She magically throws an empty glass container in Silas' direction, but he evades it and it crashes against the wall.]
- Silas: You've had two thousand years to watch us suffer. You've had your fun. Why can't you just let it go?
- Tessa: Maybe I'm just not wired that way.
[She moves another glass against Silas, but again, she misses.]
- Silas: Honestly, I feel sorry for you. Hateful vengeance is for people without real love.
[She moves another glass to hit Silas, but he catches it in front of his face. He throws it back at her, but she dodges it. Silas, with magic, moves a fireplace iron tool and shoots it into Tessa's shoulder.]
- Silas: You spent two thousand years waiting for me to die just so you could be with me, when all along the universe knew I belonged to somebody else. Doesn't that make your whole existence, like, I don't know, a total waste?
- Tessa: I loved you.
- Silas: Yeah? Well, get in line.
[Silas' phone rings. He answers. The scene is between Silas with Tessa in the boarding house and Stefan with Amara in the woods.]
- Silas: Sucky timing, Stefan.
- Stefan: [on the phone] I disagree. I have Amara just beyond the property line. You have ten minutes to come find us.
- Silas: Well, I'm a little busy right now watching my nemesis bite it. Plus, I have no interest in saving Amara's life.
- Stefan: I know that, which is why I'm gonna take her away, and I'm gonna keep her alive by any means possible while everyone else hunts you down like an animal. You now have nine minutes.
[Silas hangs up.]
[Back in the parlor, Caroline walks around with a flashlight. She finds Katherine sitting on a chair by the fireplace, wincing in pain, holding her cut hand.]
- Caroline: Katherine? What are you doing?
- Katherine: Tessa's stupid non-surgical incision won't stop bleeding.
[Caroline bites her own wrist and offers it to Katherine.]
- Caroline: Here. Heal.
[Katherine takes it, but she starts gagging and coughing once she starts drinking the vampire blood.]
- Caroline: What's wrong?
- Katherine: Nothing. Just another tragic side effect from taking the cure. Apparently the universe just doesn't want me to heal from vampire blood. Stupid universe. Find me that damn witch so she can finish that spell!
[Elena walks into the library using a flashlight and finds Tessa with the iron poker still stuck to her shoulder.]
- Elena: No way.
- Tessa: Can't a witch rest in peace?
- Elena: It's a flesh wound. Get up. [Elena pulls the iron poker from her shoulder.] You're not done yet. Come on. [She grabs Tessa and drags her with her.]
[Amara is tied to a tree and gagged with a cloth. Silas approaches her.]
- Silas: Amara.
[He undoes the knots. He looks at her and grabs her face. She does the same.]
- Amara: [sobbing] I loved you. I still do. But I can't live any longer. Please understand.
[They touch foreheads.]
- Silas: I understand. I love you.
[Silas pulls out a blade from his pocket. He places it near Amara's neck. She closes her eyes waiting, but he just stands there. She opens back her eyes to see a very sad Silas, crying.]
- Amara: Silas, please. I'm ready.
[Silas starts cutting on Amara's neck. Stefan appears out of nowhere and super speeds pushing Silas away from Amara and against a tree, holding him by the neck.]
- Stefan: Remember me? I remember you. I'm sorry, is it hard to breathe? Is your throat closing? Did the fear of dying start to creep in yet?
[Silas uses his magic on Stefan who falls to the ground and groans in pain. Amara starts untying the ropes binding her to the tree.]
- Silas: I hear every emotion is heightened for a vampire. All those memories must be eating you alive right now, Stefan. What's it like to die? I've never done it. You must have done it a thousand times over this summer.
- Stefan: Stop it!
- Silas: Stop it? I've spent two thousand years alone in a tomb. You were locked up for what? Three months? Look at you! You're a mess. The safe was the easy part, wasn't it? Being forgotten about, that's the real torture, isn't it?
[Stefan sees Silas' knife lying on the ground, grabs it and throws it into Silas. Silas groans and starts falling down while Amara gets herself free.]
- Amara: Silas!
Salvatore Boarding House
- Damon: Stefan and Amara are not inside.
- Elena: That's because Stefan took her. You have to go find him before he gets himself killed.
- Damon: No. He's luring Silas away so he can finish this. It's typical Stefan. He'll be fine.
- Elena: He's hurting. Damon, he's not thinking clearly. Okay, Silas may have been the one that put him in that safe, but we were supposed to get him out of it. Please go find him. We can't lose him again.
- Damon: Okay.
- Tessa: Ina-pran-khos-suptheia-jhen-ai-pada-khey-rassattan.
[Tessa continues chanting her spell to replace Amara with Bonnie as the anchor to the Other Side.]
[Amara looks at Silas' dead body, removes the knife from his chest and points it toward her stomach.]
- Amara: [to Silas] Our eternity starts now.
[Amara stabs herself and gasps while Damon is watching her. He moves fast to her and catch her as she bleeds to death.]
- Damon: No! Amara. No. Amara, Amara. [He bites his wrist and puts it to her mouth.] Drink this. Drink. More.
[Amara starts coughing and throwing up the blood.]
- Damon: No, no, no. Okay. [She falls down on the ground on her back.] No. Hey. Stay with me. Look at me, look at me. Amara, Amara. Hey! Look at me.
[Amara looks weak and her eyes close, but she opens them when Damon speaks.]
- Amara: I've been in hell for two thousand years.
- Damon: What's another five minutes, huh? Hey!
- Amara: Let me die.
- Damon: No! Amara! Come on. Please.
Salvatore Boarding House
- Tessa: Ai pada say Ra sattam.
[Tessa continues doing the spell while Elena is sitting right in front of her. We move to the living room where we can see Jeremy. Bonnie is coming from behind.]
- Bonnie: I came to say good-bye.
- Jeremy: What are you talking about? Tessa's doing the spell.
- Bonnie: Amara's dying, Jer.
- Jeremy: No, that's impossible...Damon–
- Bonnie: Stop. We don't have much time.
[In the drawing room, Tessa continues chanting to complete the spell while Elena watches her.]
- Tessa: Ai pada say rasattam. Ai pada saeyrasattam. Ai pada say-ra-sattam.
[Damon shakes Amara. Amara looks up through lifeless eyes.]
- Damon: Amara. Amara! Please. Amara!
[He sees that Amara is dead, and stops.]
Salvatore Boarding House
- Bonnie: Tell me the third thing.
- Jeremy: Bon...
- Bonnie: Tell me. Please.
- Jeremy: I love you.
- Bonnie: I love you, too.
- Jeremy: I'm not ready to let you go.
[He lifts a hand to her face, and they are both stunned that they can touch.]
- Jeremy: I can feel you.
- Bonnie: I can feel you.
[Elena and Caroline enter behind them.]
- Elena: Bonnie?
[Bonnie turns to face them.]
- Caroline: Please tell me this is real.
- Bonnie: You guys can see me?
- Jeremy: Bonnie, it worked.
- Bonnie: It worked!
[Elena and Caroline run to Bonnie and they group-hug.]
- Elena: You're here!
- Bonnie: Thank you.
- Caroline: Oh my god, oh my god! And we can be roommates, 'cause we have that extra bed, and we can clear out half the closet–
- Bonnie (and Elena): [in unison] Caroline!
- Caroline: I'm sorry, I just—I can't believe you're really here!
- Bonnie: I'm here. I'm back.
[Later, Bonnie and Jeremy stand in front of the fireplace. Bonnie has her hands out to the fire, enjoying its warmth.]
- Bonnie: I miss this. I miss feeling warm. I never felt warm on the Other Side.
- Jeremy: I missed this. Holding your hand.
[He takes her hand and pulls her close.]
- Jeremy: I am never gonna let you go again.
[Tessa stands alone in the library in front of the lit fireplace. Katherine enters.]
- Katherine: Okay, I'm ready. Let's do this.
- Tessa: You. Right. You want me to stop the aging? I'd find a drugstore cream.
- Katherine: Hilarious. But see, I'm not getting any younger, so spell away.
- Tessa: Altering someone's lifespan is what started this whole mess in the first place. I've learned my lesson. I'm not saving your life.
- Katherine: Excuse me?
- Tessa: I won. Amara's gone, and Silas is waiting for me on the Other Side.
[Katherine sees a pool of blood on the floor around Tessa. Tessa drops a sharp object, her hands bloody.]
- Katherine: No. NO! [Tessa collapses] Help! Help, somebody help her, she's dying! Don't die, I need you!
- Tessa: True love prevails...the universe be damned.
- Katherine: NO! No.
[Bonnie is standing alone in the library smiling as she enjoys the fireplace warmth when Tessa walks up behind her.]
- Tessa: You're the anchor, now.
- Bonnie: Tessa. Where did you just come from?
- Tessa: I'm dead. As I pass through you, you'll feel my death. You'll feel every death. Every supernatural being that passes over to the Other Side will pass through you. Sorry. That's gonna hurt like a bitch.
[Tessa touches Bonnie, disappears, and Bonnie starts screaming in pain.]
[Stefan looks down at Silas' body, resting his hands on the handle of a shovel. Elena stands nearby him.]
- Elena: So, he's dead. It's over.
- Stefan: Yeah, it's over.
- Elena: Are you okay?
- Stefan: I'm fine.
- Elena: Look at me and tell me that killing Silas worked. That you'll be okay now.
- Stefan: Why is this so important to you?
- Elena: Because I know how much he stole from you.
- Stefan: Yeah, and he's dead.
- Elena: And because while you were suffering in that safe, grasping onto hope, fighting every second so you wouldn't lose your humanity...I was happy. I got everything that I wanted, Stefan. I got to be in love, I got the summer of my dreams, I got Bonnie back. So I need to know that this worked. I need to know that it's gonna take away all your suffering. I need to know that you're gonna be okay.
- Stefan: I wanted it to be you. When that safe finally opened and somebody found me...I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be both of you.
[Damon appears behind Elena. She looks back at him, then back at Stefan, looking regretful.]
Caroline And Elena's Dorm Room
[Caroline is tidying the dorm room when Katherine enters.]
- Caroline: Hey...Umm, now that Bonnie's back–
- Katherine: Your room's full. Got it. I'll just get my stuff.
- Caroline: Thank you, for what you did today.
- Katherine: Enough. I killed you once, don't forget. We still hate each other, okay?
- Caroline: Yes, you did, and yes, we do.
[Katherine looks around, confused.]
- Katherine: Where the hell is my bag?
[Nadia appears in the doorway with Katherine's bag over her shoulder.]
- Nadia: Already packed.
- Katherine: You again.
- Nadia: I'm leaving, Katherine. I'm heading back to Prague, and I'd really like it if you came with me. We can go to Bulgaria, retrace our lives–
- Katherine: I don't know what kind of twisted fantasy you have about us, but that's all it is—a fantasy. I would rather rip my own heart out than do more mother-daughter bonding with you. And I'm human now, so it wouldn't really be that easy. I don't want to know you.
- Caroline: Mother-daughter? She's your....Oh. Wow.
[Caroline goes back to pretending to give them privacy.]
- Katherine: I'm doing you a favor, Nadia. Okay? I can't be there for you. So take a good look, because you are never gonna see me again.
[Katherine takes her bag off of Nadia's shoulder and leaves.]
[Stefan shovels dirt onto Silas' body. He experiences flashbacks of when Silas revealed himself and locked Stefan in the safe, his memories of drowning, over and over, hearing his last conversation with Elena. He finally collapses, overwhelmed by the memories.]
- Stefan: No. No. It's over. It's supposed to be over.