|“||We’ve fought other Old Ones before. Klaus, Celine, Davos. They were all cunning and ruthless and terribly strong. They had to be, to survive as long as they did.||”|
Davos' past as well as his origins are a mystery. He was an Old One, one of the Original vampires—an ancient, he was considered among the vampires, as one of the most powerful and feared. Davos was one of the oldest undead. Due to overconfidence, Davos overestimated Elena, Stefan and Meredith, causing his own destruction.
Davos is mentioned by Elena Gilbert during the meeting with Jack and the vampire hunters. Meredith doesn't like Jack's comment about her, Elena, and Stefan have never faced an Old One as Solomon. Elena defends Meredith's words, saying that they have faced and defeated three Old Ones (Klaus, Davos and Celine) in the last five years.
Personality, Physical Traits and Description
Davos, like the vast majority of the other Old Ones, has a sinister, cold, cruel, haughtiness, and very dangerous personality. Physically, it is not mentioned in the book, Unseen, however, according to Jack's words, all the Old Ones have attractive physical appearance, elegant, as if they did not belong to this world.
Powers and Abilities
- Compulsion: The supernatural ability to control and manipulate the body, mind, and soul of an animal or person.
- Weather Control: The supernatural ability allows influence meteorological energy patterns, creating rain, wind, hail, lightning, snow, sleet, fog and temperature changes.
- Elemental Manipulation: The supernatural ability to control and manipulate the elements of air, earth, fire, water, lightning, etc.
- Animal Control: The supernatural ability can handle all kinds of wild animals or domestic. Normally you can only control a species at a time.
- Healing: The supernatural ability to heal all infections and injuries at an accelerated speed.
- Immortality: The supernatural ability of eternal life and youth.
- Senses: The supernatural ability to hear, see, smell, and taste beyond the human limit.
- Shapeshifting: The supernatural ability to alter and change the physical form of ones self.
- Speed: The supernatural ability to jump, move and run at superhuman velocity.
- Strength: The supernatural ability of abnormal strength.
- Illusion: It is capable of disrupting the reality of one or more things at once. The Illusion is limited, since it uses a short time but because the neutralization of the enemy and does not usually give orders to the victims.
- Telepathy: The supernatural ability can communicate mentally with other vampires without physical contact and long distances.
- Immunity: The Old Ones can not be destroyed by sunlight, fire, wood, werewolf bite, decapitation, extraction of heart, etc. The only thing that could hurt them is the White Ash Wood, and the Principal Guardian's blood can kill an Old One.
- Aura: A subtle, "luminous radiation" that surrounds an Old One that could alter the emotions and energy levels of himself and others. The Old One can generate aura within oneself. The aura is created from the power, longevity, strength and personality/emotions of the ancient vampire. The color varies according to each Old One, but in general are pure colors, but with the bloody red color, giving the feeling of evil and fear of anyone approaching the ancient vampire.
- Resurrection: The supernatural ability to return from the dead. In order to resurrect an Old One, they need the blood of the descendants. In case the body was destroyed, it is possible that the essence of the Old One occupies one of his/her descendant's body.
- Uninvited: A vampire cannot enter a home inside which they have not been invited.
- Running water: A vampire can not cross running water but can tunnel beneath it.
- Veil Matter(Ghost): A vampire can not hurt and defeat a ghost. But ghosts can manifest and send a vampire to a place where they can not do more damage.
- White Oak Tree: It is known that the ashes of the white oak tree can hurt an old one. It's presumed an actual stake made of a white oak tree can hurt an old one.
- Principal Guardian's Blood: The pureblood vampires can only be completely destroyed if they ingest the blood of a Principal Guardian or its descendant.
Davos is of Latin origin, and the meaning is "gorge'".
- Davos was the second Old One to be destroyed by Elena and her friends.
- Klaus was the first, Celine was the thrid and Solomon was the fourth and last of the Old Ones.
- Although Davos was destroyed years before the start Unseen book, he was the first of the Old Ones to be hunted by Elena, Stefan, Meredith, Katherine, Damon, Zander and destroyed by a weapon that has the Elena's blood.