Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||I was dead for ages, Davina, and when I woke up it was a mess of manipulation, and family drama, and a body I didn't know; all this anger I couldn't shake. And that very night I saw you leaving the church with this look on your face like the whole world was on your shoulders, you brushed up against some dead flowers... and you stopped... and you looked around and you brought those flowers back to life with your magic. I was dead for ages, Davina Claire. And you smiled, and something inside of me cracked wide open. And only then did I feel alive again.||”|
Kol (possessing Kaleb Westphall) and Davina first met in the season two premiere. Originally, Davina was completely ignorant of Kaleb's real identity, but she eventually discovers the truth. She is rightfully furious, startled and at first untrusting of him. Due to Kol's tendency to flirt, their chemistry and mutual love of magic, their relationship blossomed. Unexpectedly, Kol was hexed by his brother leading to his death, and leaving Davina devastated.
Eventually, Davina becomes Regent of the Nine New Orleans Covens and with the power granted to her, attempts to bring him back in the season finale but Kol's siblings were forced to hijacked her spell and unbeknown to her, switch Kol's ashes with Esther's in order to help defeat Dahlia.
In Season Three, Davina was still adamant on bringing Kol back. She finally reunites with him after consuming poison and venturing into the Ancestral Plane where he is trapped. At first startled by his original body, she has trouble adjusting until Kol reassures her he is still the same after reminding her of their dance before his death. Spurred on by their meeting, Davina eventually is able resurrect Kol in his true body, as an Original Vampire after channeling power from the Nexus Vorti created after she unsired Klaus' sireline.
After his resurrection, Kol, wanting to be a better man for Davina, promises her that he would control his bloodlust, declaring that she was worth being good for. Kol's vampire nature however, continues to be a troubling complication in their relationship, particularly as The Ancestors corrupted the spell used to resurrect him, in order to influence him to murder Davina, and are responsible for his angry, uncontrolable outbursts.
They are known as "Kolvina" by the fans.
Throughout The Originals Series
He takes her to Rousseau's where Davina shows Kol the spell which can bring him back to life. Recognising that it's The Strix's work, Kol lies to her, saying it's a fake, however Davina calls him out on the lie. Kol tells her she needs to find other way one that doesn't involve The Strix however the lights start flickering and thats their cue to hide from The Ancestors who are coming in the bar.
Knowing Davina needs to get back to her physical body back at in her old room Kol takes her throughout the back alleys to get there, but Kara shows up and attacks them. Ariane comes to their recuse and sends Kara away. However at this point more ancestors know their location and Kol distracts them so they wouldn't get Davina who makes it back to the psychical plane with Ariane.
In Heart Shaped Box, Davina summoned Kol's spirit and he was happy to see her but disappointed to see she had joined the Sisters. She assured him it was a means to an end but their reunion was interrupted by Aya. Kol was familiar with Aya, surprised that she hadn't been killed yet. Aya told him he would remain a ghost unless he helped them with the final ingredient to the de-linking spell. Kol said he'd talk, but only to Davina. She secluded that the missing ingredient was Hayley's heart. With lead the remaining sisters to go kill Hayley. Kol told her to use the candle and Kol's spirit to knock herself out and her connection with the Sisters would bring them down too. Davina took his advice and was knocked out. Kol crouched beside her, lamenting that it was definitely their worst date ever. When Davina awoke, Kol sat beside her and said watching her sleep was the best experience he had had in months. He told her he appreciated her efforts to bring him back but that Aya never kept her promises. When Davina confessed her love for Kol, she kissed him just as the candle went out and he vanished.
In A Streetcar Named Desire, after Davina Claire successfully unlinked Klaus from his sire line, the spell and amount of magic drained from Klaus created a Nexus Vorti. Davina, having saved the blood of both Elijah and Klaus from the de-linking spell, used the blood of the two brothers, along with Kol's ashes, as the ingredients for the spell to bring Kol back. This was the same spell Rebekah wanted to use before Aya had her witch destroy it to spite Rebekah. Once combined, Davina channeled the new Nexus Vorti energies for the power to cast the spell, and successfully resurrected Kol Mikaelson as an Original Vampire. Kol smiles at Davina, and tells her he always had faith in her.
In An Old Friend Calls, Kol awoke after being asleep for three days following his revival, saying that his body being reconstructed from ash had taken a lot out of him. Davina was overjoyed to see him standing but he revealed by putting his hand in sunlight that he had returned as an Original Vampire, his original body brought back to the state it was prior to his first death. Davina was concerned, having only ever really known Kol as a witch. Kol knew that Davina had heard the stories about how he was a violent lunatic as a vampire but assured her that he'd be able to control himself now that he had a reason to be better. He asked her to make him a new daylight ring so they could pay his family a visit, despite her concern that Klaus would kill her for breaking his sireline. When they arrived at the compound, Klaus immediately attacked Davina but was thrown off by Kol, who greeted his brother with a cheeky smile. Klaus was shocked by his brother's return and Elijah and Freya soon joined him, all in disbelief. Davina explained that she had revived him thanks to the power left over from Klaus' sireline breaking. Klaus embraced his younger brother happily, while Kol and Elijah awkwardly greeted each other. Kol also met Freya, having heard the story of his long-lost sister. Kol was updated on Klaus's worry that his sireline would come for him now that the line was broken, however, Davina wasn't allowed in the family discussion, much to Kol's annoyance. However, he promised he would make it up to her later. Kol later went to Davina to have their date that he had promised her. After telling her that it wasn't his time as a witch with magic that had changed him, it was meeting Davina. The two of them shared a romantic night, having sex for the first time.
In Behind the Black Horizon, Davina assist The Originals in finding Freya locating her exact locate to Mystic Falls which she learns was the birthplace of The Originals. After being more concern about Kol's erratic behavior Davina uses a spell which confirms her worse fear The Ancestors cursed Kol when she resurrected him.
In The Devil Comes Here and Sighs, Davina assists Vincent's help into undoing the curse on Kol however The Ancestors have turned the tables on them by attempting to make St. James Infirmary where Kol is unsafe. She encourages Vincent to channel dark magic after he was stripped of his Regency with her outside of lycée at Lafayette Cemetery. After being successful Davina along with Vincent vow to bring down The Ancestors themselves.
In No More Heartbreaks, Davina is determined to help undo the damage The Ancestors have caused. She confronts Lucien at Rousseau's with the figure of veritas. However, the doll does not work and Lucien is able to destroy it. However, instead of killing her, Lucien lets Davina live telling her that the Ancestors have a plan for her. Davina visits and starts to talk to a neutralized Kol, however, the whole of New Orleans begins to shake as the Ancestors try to remove Kol's dagger. After the Ancestors free Kol from his neutralized state he loses control of himself and kills Davina which makes Kol overwhelm with grief once he's back to normal.
In Where Nothing Stays Buried, Davina finds herself in the Ancestral Plane after her consecration. There she is found and trapped by Kara who wants to shred her soul to pieces. Freya, channeling Elijah and the hand of glory, manages to pull Davina's soul into a protective circle. After realizing that she could use Davina to steal power from the Ancestors and protect her family, Freya sends her back to the Ancestors, condemning her to a fate worse than death. Even the current witch Regent cannot bring her back, implying that Kara succeeded in her efforts which angers Kol to the point of murdering Van seeing no good in himself since he killed Davina.
In Give 'Em Hell Kid, Davina and Kol see each other one last time to say goodbye to each other before she serves the link between the ancestors and their descendants.
- More Than You Know- Billie Holiday (Davina & Kol dance in Lafayette Cemetery, I Love You, Goodbye)
- More Than You Know- Billie Holiday (Kol dances with Davina to remind her of their last night together , Wild at Heart)
- I Will Love You- Gin Wigmore (Davina tells Kol she loves him for the first time, Heart Shaped Box)
- Lost It All- Jill Andrews (Davina resurrects Kol, A Streetcar Named Desire)
- For You- Serena Ryder (Davina & Kol dance and sleep together for the first time, An Old Friend Calls)
- - Rebirth
- Kol (to Davina) : "I didn't just ask you out here 'cause you're gorgeous."
- Kol (to Davina) : "I know your story, Davina. You're practically famous-- you're the Harvest Girl who told them all to shove it. I'm a lot like you; don't really believe in rules and authority. Your courage should be celebrated."
- Kol (to Davina) : "It appears someone has knocked you head over heels, quite literally. I thought I'd have that honor."
- Kol (to Davina) : "I never really liked dull girls anyway."
- Kol (to Davina) : "Are you slicked ? Those sad eyes might fool some people, but not me. I know what you're after. You've got a lecherous heart, Davina Claire. I won't be used, not for my body nor my medicinal herbs. We can hold hands, that's it."
- Kol (to Davina) : "Whatever it is you're up to, you can tell me when you're good and ready."
- Kol (to Davina) : "My mother said, kill the spell or kill her, and I happen to like you."
- Davina (to Kol) : "Just show me the spell, Kaleb, Kol, or whatever your name is!"
- Kol (to Davina) : "We should get out of here"
- Davina (to Kol) : "I'm out to get even with Klaus, and you're going to help me."
- - Red Door
- Davina (to Kol) : "Kinda hard to rest when there's a thousand year old psycho in the next bed."
- Kol (to Davina) : "You say that, I sound like a bit of a creeper."
- Davina (to Kol) : "Can you just stop ? Calling me darling, and trying to be funny and all of... that."
- Kol (to Davina) : "Most girls like this but then you're not like most girls, are you ?"
- Kol (to Davina) : "I have been trying to charm you and your resistance is as impressive as it is baffling."
- Kol (to Davina) : "Do you have any fun with magic or is it all just angst and child sacrifice with you lot ?"
- Davina (to Kol) : "I can't believe your mom sent you here to flirt with me."
- Kol (to Davina) : "No, love, she sent me to follow you. The flirting bit was me."
- Kol (to Davina) : "Kemiya's about... it's about chemistry. It's about connection, and after what happened with the white oak stake, I don't think you can deny what we have. So, here. Hold my hand."
- Davina (to Kol) : "Is the hand holding really necessary?"
- Kol (to Davina) : "We could make out, but that would be entirely distracting."
- Kol (to Davina) : "Davina Claire, we're gonna change everything."
- Kol (to Davina) : "A witch needs a coven even if it is just two."
- Kol (to Davina) : "You're going to like me, Davina Claire, and I'm going to let you pretend for a while that you don't already."
- Davina (to Kol) : "You know, it's a good thing you didn't steal the stake from me. Or I would have been the one torturing you."
- Kol (to Davina): "Since this is the best day I’ve had in the last two centuries, I made a wish for you. Close your eyes."
- - The Map of Moments
- Kol (to Davina) : "Not having second thoughts are you? You were the one that wanted to get rid of the bastard without hurting your friends."
- Davina (to Kol): "I'm past second thoughts."
- Kol (to Davina): "That's my girl."
- - Sanctuary
- Kol (to Davina): "I know that we're in a cemetery right now, and I happen to be terminal. But you've gotta admit the stars are lovely."
- Davina (to Kol): "How can you joke right now?"
- Kol (to Davina): "I'm not. Under the same stars there's some guy, and he's with his girl. He thinks he's got all the time in the world, and he's right... And I hate him."
- - I Love You, Goodbye
- Kol (to Davina): "Come on, you don't recognise this roguish grin?"
- Davina (to Kol): "God, I missed you. And for the record, I like this face just fine."
- - Wild at Heart
- Davina (to Kol): "We've wasted so much time."
- Kol (to Davina): "Hardly. Watching you sleep has been the most fun I've had in months."
- Davina (to Kol): "I'll bring you back soon, she promised."
- Kol (to Davina): "I appreciate you trying, but Aya never keeps her promises. Seriously, darling, you need to let me go. The longer you stay in this coven, the more dangerous it becomes for you."
- Davina (to Kol): "Then I'll bring you back and we'll take them on together. We can do anything, can't we? Please... I love you, Kol Mikaelson."
- Kol (to Davina): "Well in that case, you best kiss me before I go."
- - Heart Shaped Box
- Davina (to Kol): "Kol, I've heard the stories; when you were a vampire, you were-"
- Kol (to Davina): "A psychotic maniac... But I didn't have you. You're worth being good for. I promise you, you can trust me."
- Kol (to Davina): "At the risk of sounding too forward, I need you to put a ring on this finger."
- Davina (to Kol): "As for the magic… If you ever get the urge, there are other ways. You don’t have to do magic to feel it."
- - An Old Friend Calls
- Kol (to Davina): "Elijah is just going to go for it! Let Finn steal a body and start a new life!"
- Davina (to Kol): "You need to calm down. You know, I've never been in a guy's actual bedroom before."
- Kol (to Davina): "Are you even listening to me?"
- Davina (to Kol): " I am. But you raging about Finn when you're stuck in here and can't do anything about it isn't going to help. What you need is something to take your mind off it."
- Kol (to Davina): "It won't work."
- Davina (to Kol): "Is that a challenge?"
- Kol (to Davina): "I just want Finn to suffer for what he did to me. For what he did to us."
- Davina (to Kol): "He will. I promise."
- - Alone with Everybody
- Kol (to Davina): "Seems your friend stood us up."
- Davina (to Kol): "Vincent's not exactly my friend..."
- Kol (to Davina): "Well, since we bothered to be the only ones who turned up, it would be a shame to leave empty-handed. Why not head back, get up to no good?"
- Davina (to Kol): "Something's not right. Vincent said we were up against a "common threat." Now he's missing. St. James is the one place in New Orleans where magic doesn't work. Why would a Regent want to meet somewhere where he can't do magic?"
- Davina (to Kol): "They should keep heading northeast..."
- Kol (to Davina): "What? Northeast? They've been driving northeast for an hour, love. We need to get a tad more specific before they hit the Atlantic Ocean."
- Davina (to Kol): "The soul-blood connection is not as strong as a locator spell. The most I can narrow it down to is Virginia. Northern Virginia."
- Kol (to Davina): "You're bloody joking! We were born in northern Virginia. There's a one-horse town there now called Mystic Falls. We were turned into vampires there. That's too much of a coincidence. Can you please be a little more precise?"
- Davina (to Kol): "No. I need to boost the signal somehow. Maybe some black cohosh..."
- Kol (to Davina): "Black cohosh won't do it! Sorry. Look, I have a better idea-- a Blood Rider. A Tibetan singing bowl I had cast into a dark object in the 1900s. It's like an echo chamber. With Finn's blood, we can amplify the connection he has with Vincent. But, like everything of mine, Klaus' ex has it now. I guess I'll just have to pry it out of her hands..."
- Davina (to Kol): "Hey! Cami is my friend. Now, if you can't play nice, you're gonna sit here, and I'll go get it."
- Kol (to Davina): "Okay. I'll behave. Let's go."
- Kol (to Davina): "With Finn's blood, we can amplify the connection he has with Vincent. All right, let go of everything. Feel the vibration. Now, harmonize with the cadence of the drone. And once they're both in harmony, it should continue by itself. And it's up to you to concentrate, to amplify it."
- Davina (to Kol): "Well, at least your sister's safe."
- Kol (to Davina): "And the man that pretended to be a family friend, but actually hated us for an eternity, has turned himself into some creature, here... Which, for all we know, could be the bloody beast the prophecy said would end us!"
- Davina (to Kol): "Hey... All of this? I don't think it has anything to do with you being a vampire. Cami said it might be magic-related... and I think she's right. Kol, you're not yourself."
- Kol (to Davina): "Not myself? And which self am I supposed to be? I have been a witch, a vampire, a ghost, a witch in somebody else's body... And now, I am a bloody vampire again. Now, you think that I'm cursed... but I think it's everyone else getting into my bloody business and not knowing when to back off!"
- - Behind the Black Horizon
- Kol (to Davina): "Ohhh, I can't be here, Davina. This is a bad idea..."
- Davina (to Kol): "Magic won't affect you in here, so step inside...And take your mind off of it. Feeling better?"
- Kol (to Davina): "Seems I owe you again. You must be growing tired of saving my ass."
- Davina (to Kol): "Mmm, actually, I kind of like it. And what if I told you I had a way to fix all of our problems?"
- Kol (to Davina): "What do you have in mind, darling?"
- Davina (to Kol): "We're gonna be okay. We've already been through so much. Once we deal with the Ancestors, we'll have that date you wanted."
- Kol (to Davina): "You said that magic doesn't work in here."
- Davina (to Kol): "The Ancestors are breaking through the spell. We don't have much time."
- - The Devil Comes Here and Sighs
- Davina (to Kol): "You just leave, no goodbye, nothing!"
- Kol (to Davina): "What are you doing here?"
- Davina (to Kol): "I tried to use magic to track you, then I realised you were hiding somewhere magic couldn't reach."
- Kol (to Davina): "Davina, you should go."
- Davina (to Kol): "Why did you leave without telling me? Why would you come back if you weren't going to tell me? Why are you walking away?!"
- Kol (to Davina): "I didn't want to go, nor was it my intention to come back. The Ancestors won't let me leave. The second I got to the city limits I started to dessicate. I'm cursed, love. Those witch spirits have their hooks deep inside of me, they allow me no peace. Just a hunger that I can't control."
- Davina (to Kol): "There's got to be a fix, just promise you'll never leave me again."
- Davina (to Kol): "I'm not arguing with you, if I'm going to save Cami I need to go right to the source of the problem."
- Kol (to Davina): "Lucien is an unstoppable monster made by the Ancestors."
- Davina (to Kol): "I have stood up to Klaus. I'm not afraid of some second-string copycat."
- Kol (to Davina): "I cannot leave here, and I am not letting you walk into a fight by yourself!"
- Davina (to Kol): "Let go! You can barely control yourself. Now if Lucien is working with the Ancestors, maybe he can tell me what they've done to you."
- Kol (to Davina): "This is madness, you can't fight him!"
- Davina (to Kol): "I don't need to fight him, I need him to tell me the truth. And I know a way to do that, so just stay here. Wish me luck."
- Kol (to Davina): "DAVINA! DAVINA!"
- Davina (to Kol): "You lied to me"
- Kol (to Davina): "I warned you there would be consequences."
- Davina (to Kol): "The Ancestors tampered with the spell I used to bring you back, we knew that. But you didn't tell me how."
- Kol (to Davina): "It was a dark spell to begin with."
- Davina (to Kol): "They want you to kill me, right? They want revenge. Why didn't you say something?"
- Kol (to Davina): "What would you have me say? "Thank you for saving me from unending torment, I adore you with all my heart. Oh, and by the way, all I want to do is rip out your throat"? And the longer I hold out, the worse it gets."
- Davina (to Kol): "I can protect myself."
- Kol (to Davina): "No. Eventually I'll give in. But there is another way."
- Davina (to Kol): "Where did you find that?"
- Kol (to Davina): "The first thing I did when you brought me back was to hunt it down, to make sure that Nik wouldn't stick it in me the second I annoyed him. I've always hated these bloody things. But we've ran out of options."
- Davina (to Kol): "No. I can fix you."
- Kol (to Davina): "I know you can. But this is to make certain that you're safe until you do. All right, think of it as a short sleep. Easy to undo. Knowing that you'll be waiting when I wake."
- Davina (to Kol): "This isn't fair. I've waited so long to have you back."
- Kol (to Davina): "Wait a little longer, bring me back when my mind is right. As it is, you can't trust me, which means you can't love me. Not as I love you."
- - No More Heartbreaks
First relationship (platonic and/or romantic):
- First date: Alive and Kicking (2x02)
- Official as: The Map of Moments (2x09)
- Separated by death: I Love You, Goodbye (2x14)
- Reason: Kol (witch body he was possessing) died.
- Reunited: A Streetcar Named Desire (3x14)
- Reason: Davina resurrects Kol, by channeling a Nexus Vorti for power.
- In An Old Friend Calls, they have sex for the first time.
- Separated by death: No More Heartbreaks (3x19)
- Reason: Kol kills Davina (while he was hexed).
- Despite Kol returning in Season 2, the Kol and Davina relationship was shipped from the first season by fans.
- Kol himself later revealed to Davina the first time he saw her was when he was first brought back possessing Kaleb around the events of From a Cradle to a Grave.
- Davina was at first unaware that Kaleb was really Kol Mikaelson, an Original Vampire.
- Kol has a tendency to flirt with her and considers her to be "gorgeous" and the "prettiest" witch in town.
- Davina and Kaleb/Kol met in Rebirth, and went on their first date in Alive and Kicking.
- Kol/Kaleb stood her up for Coffee, but went to dinner with her on his mother's request. It is unknown if he wanted to go out with her or not.
- To audiences, it seemed as though Kol was genuinely enjoying the date with Davina as he was not focusing on extracting information from her like Finn and Esther wanted him to do, but was opting to charm her.
- It was noted that Kol could have left Davina to fend for herself in Alive and Kicking, but chose to stay and even tried to defend her honor.
- There are a number of parallels between Kol and Davina.
- They don't like being told what to do and have authority issues, showing a tendency to be rude and arrogant to those who are more powerful than they are.
- Their mothers were controlling.
- Their deaths involved them being sacrificed for the cause of another. Davina was killed for the sake of the witches regaining power, and Kol was killed to complete the map to the cure.
- Before their deaths, both of them gained an advantage, though that advantage was what ultimately resulted in them dying. Davina had the power of the Harvest, but it became too much for her. Kol stole both the White Oak Stake and most of Klaus' daggers, but his possession of the stake was what got him killed.
- Both were petrified of death, but finally accepted their fate.
- After coming back to life, they're both oppressed in some way. Davina was under the control of her coven while Kol is being controlled by his mother.
- They have both played the role of a secret weapon. Davina was Marcel's, being 'trapped' in her attic during that time, while Kol is a secret weapon for Esther, trapped in Kaleb's body.
- They have both been underestimated.
- They both been tortured by The Ancestors; Davina because of her association with Marcel and not doing The Harvest for a year, and Kol for his Original status.
- In Red Door, Kol admitted to Davina that he liked her.
- As of Red Door, Davina knows who he is.
- She found this out when she tried to borrow his magic to unlink.
- She still seems to like him, even though she knows who he really is.
- He had the choice to either kill the spell or kill her, he chose to kill the spell instead, claiming that he liked her.
- Kol knew her ancestor Mary-Alice Claire at turn of the 20th century as he had a relationship with her. However turns out that they both were just using each other.
- Due to Kol's vast knowledge of magic, Davina told him he had a "freaky witch encyclopedia brain".
- Kol and Davina share their first kiss in The Map of Moments, their second kiss in Brotherhood of the Damned and their third kiss in I Love You, Goodbye.
- In When the Levee Breaks, the dagger is finally used on Klaus by Elijah after Davina gives it to Marcel.
- Davina used her one shot as Regent in an attempt to bring Kol back.
- The actors who portray them, Danielle Campbell (Davina) and Nathaniel Buzolic (Kol) are friends in real life.
- Michael Narducci stated that Davina and Kol are "True Love" 
- Davina reunited with Kol in Wild at Heart and although was at first startled by his original body, quickly recovered and was then overjoyed to see him again.
- In A Streetcar Named Desire, Davina successfully resurrected Kol as an Original Vampire (much to her surprise).
- Both of them died and have been resurrected at least once.
- In An Old Friend Calls, the pair consummated their relationship.
- It is more than likely Davina lost her virginity to him being she hasn't had any romantic relationships mentioned prior to Tim or any other romantic interests mentioned before Kol.
- In No More Heartbreaks, Davina and Kol (along with Vincent) figure out that the Ancestors hardwired Kol to kill Davina within the resurrection spell Davina used to bring Kol back to life (as an Original Vampire).
- Kol completes his mission when he awakens from being neutralized by Davina and unthinkably kills her. Kol was shocked to find her dead body in his arms after his spelled-mission was completed.
- The relationship between the two is similar to the relationship between Elijah and Tatia, both killed the women they loved.