|“||I'm going to save you. I'm going to save all of you.||”|
Davina Claire is a young, extremely powerful witch and a main character of The Originals. She became the main subject of a power struggle between the witches, vampires and werewolves of New Orleans when eight months prior to the series, Marcel heard about the The Harvest ritual from Sophie. Marcel and Sophie disagreed with the ritual, due to the fact that the resurrection of the four teenage girls sacrificed was not guaranteed, so Marcel intervened in the ritual just in time to rescue Davina, who was the only Harvest girl who had yet to be sacrificed. Because the ritual wasn't completed, Davina had the energy of the three other witches who were sacrificed before her, as well as that of the ancestors of the witch community, flowing through her. This made her so incredibly powerful that it was becoming increasingly difficult for her to control all of the magical energy within her. Furthermore, Marcel used her power, as well as her anger toward the witches, to his advantage; Davina's immense power afforded her of the ability to sense when any of the French Quarter coven used magic, and she used this ability to help Marcel monitor and restrict the use of magic in the Quarter. As a result, at least one witch was killed by Marcel, whose new laws decreed that practicing magic were a crime punishable by death.
Ironically, it was Sophie, who initially didn't believe in the Harvest and told Marcel with the intention of convincing him to intervene, who created the plan that ultimately led to finding and sacrificing Davina in order to finally complete the Harvest. Her change in attitude regarding witchcraft and the faith involved in ancestral magic came after her niece, Monique Deveraux, was also sacrificed in the Harvest; she saw that Monique's power bleed out of her and into Davina, and suddenly realized that the Harvest was working, and not just a legend as she previously thought.
For most of her life, Davina's personality and actions were mainly defined by her desire to live a normal teenage life without magical powers. More recently, she became distrustful of Marcel, after his plan to take down Klaus failed, and he was forced to pledge his allegiance to him, along with the rest of the New Orleans vampires who lived through the fight. During this time, she became very close with Camille and Josh, the two people in the city who she felt she could trust. However, when the consequences of not finishing the Harvest began to affect everyone in the city, she eventually regained trust in Marcel and told him that she was glad to have lived the life that she had lived. It was then that she finally accepted her fate as a witch, and realized that dying in order to complete the Harvest was the right thing to do. She was supposed to come back to life after the Reaping; however, Celeste, secretly possessing Sabine's body, hijacked the energy from the ritual to bring three other powerful, deceased witches instead of the four girls who had been sacrificed. This left everyone believing that the ritual did not work, and that Davina and the three other Harvest girls were permanently dead. Davina was eventually resurrected in Le Grand Guignol, after the death of Celeste, and rejoined the New Orleans Coven again. However, she continues to help Marcel with her magic. In From a Cradle to a Grave, she resurrects Mikael and binds him to do her will, holding him captive in the same attic where Marcel had kept her in secret from the other witches months before.
Most of Davina's past is unknown so far. She presumably grew up in the Quarter with the rest of the witches, though no one in her family has been revealed or mentioned thus far, apart from her mother. Davina went to public school with a boy named Tim, whom she met at age 10, and for whom she had romantic feelings. Davina was also best friends with Monique for some time before the Harvest, and was a member of the French Quarter witches and she was also one of the four young witches selected for The Harvest.
Upon the day the Harvest was to be completed, she and the other Harvest girls were deceived by the Elders regarding their fates and the events surrounding the sacrifice. They were told that the knife that was used on their palms for the blood sacrifice would put them in a peaceful limbo, but instead, Bastianna, the lead Elder who was performing the ritual, began to kill the girls by slitting their throats. As the last girl to be sacrificed, Davina witnessed the slaughter of the other selected girls, and was restrained by a fellow witch in her coven so she could not intervene. She felt betrayed by the Elders, as well as her mother, who stood by and witnessed the devastation and slaughter.
However, when Marcel and his vampires appeared, effectively ending the sacrifice by killing the majority of the witches in attendance, Marcel saved Davina's life and for eight months afterwards lived with him. Marcel spent the next eight months hiding her from the witches, and using her powers to help keep the witches in subjugation out of punishment for what they did to her and the other girls. The witches later felt betrayed by Davina, and when she was finally sacrificed in the Harvest and her spirit went back into the earth with the rest of the deceased New Orleans witches who practiced ancestral magic, the Ancestors shunned her until she was resurrected. Once she was brought back to life, she returned to her coven, and began studying magic seriously at the Le Sais school.
Throughout The Vampire Diaries
One of Marcel's daywalkers attends to Davina. She tells him that the witches are being quiet and opens her bedroom window so she can look outside and get some fresh air. The daywalker denies her request out of fear that she will be discovered by the witches. Davina becomes infuriated that she is constantly told what she can and cannot do, and she angrily throws the vampire through a window with telekinesis.
Throughout The Originals Series
PersonalityBefore the start of the series, Davina once had respect and loyalty for her coven, this changed after she was betrayed by her former coven, who not only try to kill her but they killed her best friend Monique Deveraux as well, also her mother was the worst one of them all.
She asked her mother for help but Ms. Clarie did nothing to stop it, and turned a blind eye. She realized that her mother knew exactly what The Harvest is, and was willing to sacrifice her own daughter. Davina now has hatred for her former coven, and takes great pleasure in seeing them suffer.
Davina is a quiet girl living a very sheltered life. However, the extreme levels of restriction that have been placed upon her, has caused her to be hot tempered, a bad combination with her level of power. Davina seems to be used to getting her way, and when things go awry she is short-tempered. She has faced betrayal from her coven in the past, leading her to seek revenge against them. Marcel has said that Davina has authority issues. She seems to have a rebellious nature, as shown when she sneaks off to meet Tim in Girl in New Orleans. Davina's base personality seems to be that of a sweet girl longing for a normal life, however the events of her life have given her a dark side that she is not afraid to use, if the situation calls for it. She also has a manipulative side, as she tricked Marcel into keeping her at the church, so she could have a secret meeting with Elijah. Davina used to play the piano and enjoys listening to classical music such as Bach.
When she temporarily had the power of The Harvest, Davina became arrogant and boasting, towards people who are truly more powerful than she is, like Klaus.
She does not learn from her mistakes, like after she messed with Klaus the first time her best friend, Tim got hurt, however the second time she messed with Klaus, Tim got killed because of her actions.
After being resurrected, she is scared and skittish, not talking much. She is frightened, and doesn't want to use her magic. Marcel planned on using her once she was brought back to life, which hurt her a bit and makes her upset. Davina has a hard time since returning to the Witches, which was intensified by how much disdain she felt from Monique, her former best friend.
However, she eventually found a new confidence in her abilities. She still does not want anything to do with the Mikaelsons because of Klaus' hand at the death of her best friend, Tim. However, a significant change has been seen in Davina. She became more determined to keep her friends safe and do whatever is possible to accomplish her ends. She became wiser and more clever, as she managed to keep Mikael on a leash despite being responsible for resurrecting him. Also, despite her hatred for Klaus, she seems to have no intention of killing him. However, she does intend to punish him, but she plans to do it at the right time, showing how much she has learned and gained from living in the French Quarter.
But Davina still has not learn from her mistakes of messing with Klaus, she is asking for trouble from Klaus. She is now led by her one major personality trait, that has been shown throughout the series. Revenge. First she wanted revenge against the witches, then against Marcel after he didn't tell her about Agnes's death, and now against Klaus.
Powers and Abilities
an Original Vampire and the Original Hybrid; because the Harvest energy was reaching critical mass, and The French Quarter would have been burned to the ground along with herself, if she wasn't sacrificed). However, she was soon sacrificed and her immense power returned to the Earth. She was resurrected not long after but had a hard time adjusting. Thankfully, she was able to use her powers effectively once more after a few words of encouragement from Josh, being able to restore what seems like dozens of dead roses and even conduct a seance in an attempt to communicate with Tim. Probably one of the most powerful spells she has cast so far was the on she used to resurrect Mikael, while at the same time, keeping him under her control. As a Harvest Girl, she is a conduit to the Ancestors from beyond the grave.
Davina is a beautiful young woman in her late teens. She appears to have long, dark brown hair that is usually worn down in loose waves, although occasionally it is pulled up.
She possesses blue eyes with darkened eye lashes, rosy cheeks, full lips and a light tan skin. Davina had a small frame standing at approximately 5'3" with a slim body type. She is usually seen wearing white or pale colored dresses with some type of distinct pattern, although as the season progresses, has begun to wear darker shades such as grey and black. It can be noted that she is rarely seen wearing shoes. She was also absent of jewelry and wears minimal makeup.
- Main article: Marcel and Davina
- "He loves you."
- —Josh to Davina about Marcel
Davina met Marcel when he saved her from nearly being killed in The Harvest. Ever since then he has been protecting her from the witches who wish to complete the ritual. Davina trusted and even loved Marcel yet that trust was broken when Marcel didn't tell her that the last remaining elder and the last thing posing a threat to her, Agnes was dead. Davina believes that Marcel did not tell her that because he just wants her power and is using her. After Davina escapes due to Marcel's betrayal, she eventually returns after Tim's life is in danger, the two are reunited. Marcel tells her he cares for her and took her in as his own, although their relationship is far from being repaired. Marcel was protecting Davina from being sacrificed in Apres Moi, Le Deluge but due to everything that was happening, Davina decided that she was ready. After her death, he was devastated that she did not return from the dead. After killing Bastiana, Davina returned to the living. Marcel noticed Davina's changed personality and wanting her to feel safe, left her in the care of Genevieve. A month later, Davina felt abandoned by Marcel but Josh also reassured her that Marcel still loves her. While Marcel was banished from the French Quarter, Marcel continued to watch Davina from afar and in a sense, she felt like he was there watching her. She loves him very much and would do anything to save him.
- Main article: Davina and Josh
Josh and Davina are best friends. They first met when Marcel found about Klaus compelling him to spy on Marcel, and Marcel to Davina to erase his compulsion.The two bonded, and became good friends after that. She was supposed to erase his memory of her but she didn't. After that they secretly met and talked, and soon became good friends. He is currently her best friend, and he would do anything to help her.
- Klaus and Davina (Enemies)
- Elijah and Davina (Former Allies/Mutual Understanding)
- Rebekah and Davina (Allies)
- Davina and Camille (Friends)
- Davina and Monique (Former Best Friends/Enemies)
- Davina and Mikael (Allies)
- Davina is a feminine name which is pronounced dah-VEE-nah. It is of Scottish and Hebrew origin, and the meaning is "beloved".
- Claire is a French name and it means "illustrious".
- Davina wasn't present in the Pilot episode but she did make a cameo appearance in the director's cut.
- Marcel claims that Davina is more powerful than the Originals. This was recently proven without a shadow of a doubt in the episode The Casket Girls, where Davina not only overpowered and knocked out 2 Originals (Klaus and Elijah), but was even able to force Klaus to almost transform into his wolf state (despite the fact that hybrids can control when they transform).
- Davina is powerful enough to fight an Original with her telekinesis, as well as being able to erase memories from Rebekah on where she lives.
- Davina refers to the Mikaelson Family as The Old Ones.
- Davina Claire and the actress who plays her - Danielle Campbell - share the same initials DC.
- Davina had a love interest, Tim whom she had known since they were younger. 
- Despite the fact that Davina is powerful enough to face off against an Original Vampire, she still does not have full control over her powers.
- When Davina first faced off against Klaus, her powers only affected him slightly, although this might be attributable to her lower level of control over her magic at that time. In the more recent Casket Girls episode, Davina was able to break Klaus's neck and subdued Elijah as well by making him choke on his own blood.
- The reason Davina is so powerful is because she was supposed to be sacrificed to enhance the power of ancestral magic, along with three other teenage girls. The others were sacrificed but not her, so she has the power of three other witches and the power to restore ancestral magic.
- Before The Harvest, she was best friends with Monique Deveraux.
- Marcel sees Davina as a fighter and took her in just as Klaus did with him.
- Marcel seems to play the overprotective father role in her life.
- According to Klaus, Davina is quite the actress.
- Rebekah sees herself in Davina.
- Like Klaus, Davina enjoys painting.
- Like Rebekah, Davina wants to live a normal life.
- Davina's various drawings throughout the season come together to form a picture of Celeste, possibly foreshadowing her resurrection and the completion of the Harvest.
- Davina is the first witch to kill someone with their powers directly, killing Sabine and the other witches hunting her. While Bonnie did cause Jeremy's death at the end of Season Three, it was indirect as it was the byproduct of a spell.
- She is also the first witch to battle another witch in direct magical combat.
- Davina is the 1st main character in The Originals to die.
- It is implied that Davina was revived through Celeste's death as she was the third mention by Marcel to come back.
- Due to the fact that Bonnie Bennett is the anchor to the Other Side and all supernatural creatures passed through her, there's a possibility that Davina has met Bonnie.
- Davina beholds the Ancestral Element Fire. While Monique beholds Ancestral Element Earth, Abigail beholds Ancestral Element Wind, and Cassie beholds Ancestral Element Water.
- Davina tried to contact Tim's ghost, but she found out that he moved on.
- Davina was able to see Mikael in A Closer Walk With Thee, as he asked her to bring him back to life.
- Davina was the only one who could see Mikael's ghost without being asleep or unconscious.
- Davina resurrected Mikael in From a Cradle to a Grave. Davina was able to accomplish this without injury due to the use of Nexus Vorti and Dark objects.
- Davina currently has control over Mikael and she will use him against Klaus when he is needed.
- Davina plans to release her friends from Klaus' sire line before letting Mikael go after him.
- Davina will get a new love interest in Season Two.
- ↑ 
- ↑ http://www.eonline.com/news/566011/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-pretty-little-liars-new-love-interest-outlander-sons-of-anarchy-and-more?cmpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-kristin&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_kristin&dlvrit=51396 http://www.eonline.com/news/566011/spoiler-chat-scoop-on-pretty-little-liars-new-love-interest-outlander-sons-of-anarchy-and-more?cmpid=sn-000000-twitterfeed-365-kristin&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitterfeed_kristin&dlvrit=51396