Danielle is the daughter of Rosemary Rado, a former dancer and Rockette, and Walter Russell, a former singer. When she was ten, a friend of her mother's suggested to Rosemary that Danielle should pursue modeling. Not long after, when she was ready for a model career, she received many calls from agents and managers asking for interviews, and she had booked several commercials and print jobs and had done a lot of regional theater by the age of twelve.
- Measure of a Man (2018) as Joanie Williams
- Wonder (2017) as Miranda
- Pandemic (2016) as Megan
- Aloha (2015) as Grace
- A Walk Among the Tombstones (2014) as Lucia
- The Last Tycoon (2016) as Darla Miner
- She's 17 days younger than Devon Allowitz, who played Henrik, her character's long deceased uncle whose death was the catalyst for the Originals creation.
- She views herself "extremely" similar to her character, Hope Mikaelson.
- She enjoys traveling and wants to do it more. She also ships Hope and Roman together, even though the pair is complicated.
- She has been acting since the age of ten.
- Her favorite animal is an owl.