|“||Liz Forbes was a hero to this town. She was a hero to all of you. And she was a hero to me. Goodbye, Sheriff. You will be missed.||”|
Damon gains Liz's trust during Season One and part of Season Two. He uses her in his "diabolical" plan to gain the town's trust and track down and kill vampires in Mystic Falls to cover up his tracks and make sure that they don't suspect that he and Stefan are vampires. Damon and Liz became good friends and Liz has even called Damon her "closest ally". Now that she knows that he is a vampire like her daughter, the status of their relationship becomes strained for awhile. As the series progresses, Liz slowly comes to terms with Damon's vampire nature and accepts him. They soon become friends again and form a close bond. Liz even referred to Damon as "one of her best friends" during her last moments with him. Quite frankly, Liz, seemingly, doesn't know that Damon sexually abused her daughter in the past.
Throughout The Vampire Diaries Series
- Liz: "Keep Caroline away from me, please. I don't want to see her."
- Damon: "She's your daughter, Liz."
- Liz: "Not anymore. My daughter's gone."
- Damon: "You have no idea how wrong you are about that."
- Damon: "So Mayor Lockwood called your gay ex-husband to torture your vampire daughter?"
- Liz: "Yes. I've been keeping him detained to make sure the vervain's out of his system. So you could, you know..."
- Damon: "Can't we just kill him?"
- Liz: "No, Damon! He's Caroline's father."
- Damon: "He sounds like a douche-bag to me."
- Liz: "Yeah, well, just 'cause you and I are on OK terms doesn't mean that I'm a suddenly a big advocate for your "lifestyle."
- Damon: "Is that what you told him when you two got divorced?"
- Damon: "I don't know if you remember this, but Liz and I are pretty close. I mean, as far as humans go, she's...tolerable."
- Damon: "Elena's parents. I didn't know there was an open investigation."
- Liz: "Well, at the time I was taking care of Elena and Jeremy. And I didn't want to drag them through more heartache. And when I was ready to reopen the wound, Elena had moved on and you and I became friends and I worried that..."
- Damon: "What, that I was involved? Liz, no. No, I promise you."
- Damon: "I didn't get a chance to spend much time with my mom before she died. I volunteered to write the eulogy. And when she actually died, I didn’t even go to the funeral."
- Liz: "You want a second chance? Write mine. Only, do me a favor – nothing dirty."
- Damon: "No promises."
- -- Stay
- In Family Ties, Liz first saw Damon at the Founder's Ball with her daughter. Although in Black Hole Sun it is revealed that she met Damon in 1994 which he compelled her to forget.
- Damon has dated Liz's daughter Caroline.
- Liz starts to rely on Damon after he kills Lexi in 162 Candles.
- Liz tried to kill Damon twice.
- When Liz started to hate her daughter, as she was a vampire, Damon tried to convince her to stay normal with her daughter.
- In Disturbing Behavior, Liz asks Damon to help her deal with Bill whom she had locked up in the same cell where he held Caroline.
- In True Lies, Liz helps Damon to find out Stefan.
- In 500 Years of Solitude, Elizabeth stopped Damon when he tried to suffocate Katherine with a pillow stating that it's still a crime and if he continued, she'd of arrested him.
- In Man on Fire, Liz gives Damon information about Maggie James' death.
- In Home, Liz was saved by Damon.
- Liz spent her last day with Damon.
- In Stay, Liz refered to Damon as one of her 'best friends'.
- Damon wrote Liz's eulogy.
- Liz was one of Damon's only friends and one of the only humans he could tolerate.