|“||Okay, next round’s on me!||”|
In 1919, Clara is seen being whisked away by Genevieve to see Papa Tunde when he arrived in New Orleans. In the same year, she is also working in a hospital with Genevieve and Rebekah, and she warned Genevieve not to get close to Rebekah. She is later infected with influenza and died in the hospital after being quarantined in a room.
The Originals SeriesEdit
In Dance Back from the Grave, Celeste and Genevieve talk about how the cemetery hasn't changed and that she has been coming there for over a century "wearing one face or another" as eight other female faces flash before us, as she kneels in front of the Chopin family headstone.
In a flashback to 1919 Clara is kneeling before the same headstone and Genevieve whisks her away to see Papa Tunde during his welcome to New Orleans ceremony.
In Long Way Back From Hell, it is revealed she was possessed by Céleste Dubois. She attempted to warn Genevieve that Rebekah was not her friend. Rebekah infected Clara and Genevieve with influenza to ensure their silence.
She was a pretty woman with brunette hair, green eyes and was seen wearing red lipstick in her appearances.
- Dance Back from the Grave (Flashback/Possessed by Céleste Dubois)
- Long Way Back From Hell (Flashback/Possessed by Céleste Dubois)
- Clara is the feminine form of the Late Latin name "Clarus", which meant "clear, bright, famous".
- Ward is a popular Old English and Old Gaelic surname. The Old English name derives from an occupational surname for a civil guard/keeper of the watch, or alternately as a topographical surname from the word "werd" (marsh). The Old Gaelic surname derives from "Mac an Bhaird" (son of the Baird).
- Summerlin is an English and Scottish surname. It's an ancient Viking-Scottish name for the Old Norse word "sumarlithi", which means "mariner", "Viking", "summer wanderer" or "sailor".
- Rebekah used "germ warfare" to kill Clara Summerlin. She used contaminated rags of sick patients to spread the sickness to both Clara Summerlin and Genevieve.
- Her body was possessed by Céleste. It is unknown if Genevieve was aware of this.
- Since she is a New Orleans witch, she is with the Ancestors and did not face the destruction of the Other Side.