Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The relationship between the witches Céleste and Genevieve. The witches knew each other indirectly in the 20th century. However, Celestè finally revealed herself to Genevieve in modern times and they both allied with the Ancestors in New Orleans to use Hope Mikaelson in part of their sacrifice for more power for the witches.
Celeste and Genevieve first met during the early 20th century, when both women were working together at the Fleur-de-Lis Sanatorium in New Orleans. (Though it should be noted that at the time, Céleste was possessing the body of a witch named Clara Summerlin.) At some point in 1919, both were infected with influenza virus by Rebekah Mikaelson as part of the latter's attempt to hide her and Marcel Gerard's secret from her brother Klaus Mikaelson. While both Genevieve and Céleste's vessel Clara ultimately died from their illness, Céleste was able to take possession of another body of a French Quarter witch and live on, as she had done for a century up until that point, and as she would continue to do for another two hundred years.
Throughout The Originals Series
In the modern day, Céleste brought Genevieve back to life, along with two other deceased witches, by using the energy she had hijacked from the latest Harvest ritual. She resurrected Genevieve, Papa Tunde, and Bastianna Natale with the intention of using their respective grudges against the Mikaelson family and vampires in general in order to take out her vengeance on Elijah, Klaus, and Rebekah.
Although little is known about the personal nature of Céleste and Genevieve's relationship, it is implied that they were close to each other, as Céleste referred to Genevieve as her good friend during her conversation with Rebekah in Long Way Back From Hell. However, it remains unknown if Genevieve was aware that Céleste had been possessing her friend Clara in the later 1910s.
- It was never confirmed whether Genevieve knew Celeste had possession of Clara's body in the 20th century.
- They both had romantic and sexual relationships with one of the Mikaelson brothers.
- They both felt betrayed by their former Mikaelson lovers being they always put themselves (as a family) first above others, no matter the consequence it had on others outside the Mikaelson family.
- Both died at the hands of the Mikaelson family (both indirectly or directly).
- Celeste's first death was caused by Klaus Mikaelson's plans. Then she was stabbed to death for her second death, carried out by Elijah Mikaelson, for harming the Mikaelson family.
- Genevieve's first death was indirectly caused by Rebekah Mikaelson (she infected the witch with influenza shortly before her first death). Genevieve's second death was carried out by Hayley Marshall, the mother of Klaus' daughter and a member of the Mikaelson family.