|“||There is the Caroline I know and loathe.||”|
This is the relationship between a vampire Caroline Forbes and an Original Rebekah. Originally Caroline hated and feared Rebekah because she was Klaus' sister (making her an Original), and saw that they worked together. But despite, or possibly because, they are very much alike in personality, Caroline and Rebekah often clash, even over trivial things.
In The Reckoning, Rebekah confronts both Tyler and Caroline, then taking Tyler to Klaus, leaving Caroline unconscious. Later on, Rebekah holds Caroline back, while Klaus gives Tyler Elena's blood to drink, thus completing his transition into a hybrid. Caroline seems upset and concerned about Tyler becoming a hybrid.
In Smells Like Teen Spirit, Rebekah starts to look after Tyler (on Klaus's demand) by getting him people to feed on. When Caroline finds out about this, she seems incredibly upset. Later on, Tyler praises Rebekah's stunt and makes Caroline feel jealous. After this Caroline begins a mutual dislike for Rebekah.
In Heart of Darkness, Rebekah organizes the Decades Dance, much to Caroline's anger. They have quite a small argument, with Matt Donovan siding with Rebekah. After, it was revealed that Matt only did it so that Rebekah couldn't spoil the time between Tyler and Caroline, after Tyler had returned.
In Before Sunset, Rebekah is cleaning up after the 20's Decade Dance, which was the night before. Caroline comes and starts to help her, and she apologizes to Rebekah after what had happened to her mother, with Rebekah apologizing to Caroline, about Alaric Saltzman. Rebekah leaves and says she'll start on the gym, but gets stopped by Dark Alaric, who she believes is dead. She goes to attack him, but he is stronger and is about to kill her with the White Oak Stake, until Caroline comes and saves her. They both stab Alaric, revealing that he hasn't died. Caroline and Rebekah disappear, with Caroline running towards her car. Alaric shows up and snaps her neck, dragging her away whilst Rebekah watches from a safe distance.
Season FourEditIn Growing Pains, both of them were taken together by the council members, to the cell. Klaus shows up in Tyler's body, to save Caroline, leaving Rebekah all alone.
In She's Come Undone, Matt and Caroline are talking about graduation at the Salvatore Boarding House , and Rebekah arrives. Rebekah says she come to make a peace offering with them, and others them burgers. Caroline says it was nice of her to drop by and is about to say that she should go, but Rebekah says she's going to stay and help Matt study. Caroline gets jealous and asks him why he didn't come to her.
In The Walking Dead, Rebekah saves Caroline from nearly cutting her hands off.
- (Caroline and Tyler kiss. Rebekah arrives)
- Rebekah: "You two are adorable."
- (They look at her)
- Caroline: "Uh, do we know you?"
- Rebekah: "You're Caroline, Elena's friend, which makes you Tyler. The werewolf."
- Caroline: "And who are you?"
- Rebekah: "I'm the new girl."
- Cheerleader: "Has anybody seen Dana?"
- (Rebekah arrives)
- Rebekah: "Sounds like you have an opening on the squad."
- Caroline: "What are you doing?"
- (Rebekah stretches but Caroline is still standing next to her)
- Caroline: "Hey. Hey. You can't just come here and infiltrate all of our lives."
- Rebekah: "I'm only interested in yours. Your spunk, your popularity."
- (She looks at Tyler)
- Rebekah: "Maybe even your boyfriend."
- Caroline: "What is this?"
- Matt: "It’s the decade dance. Remember, you made us sign up to help?"
- Caroline: "No. (Caroline picks up a boa.) This. The 20s. We’re doing the 70s."
- Rebekah: "Too flashy, people. It’s supposed to be speakeasy, not the World Fair."
- (Rebekah sees Caroline and walks up to her)
- Rebekah: "Ah, good, you’re here. I need help setting up the tables so, get to it."
- Caroline: "What do you think you’re doing?"
- Rebekah: "Somebody has to be in charge."
- Caroline: "Yeah, me. I’m the chair of the Dance Committee. The theme of the decade dance is the 1970s."
- Rebekah: "So, you’d rather dress in tacky colors with bad hair than be a classic flapper from the jazz age? Honestly, I don’t know what my brother sees in you."
- Caroline: "Maybe he sees a challenge. See, unlike some other people, I don’t sleep with everyone I make eye contact with."
- Matt: "Maybe we can do both decades?"
- Rebekah: "Go on, Matt, don’t be a coward. You know you loved my 20s idea when I presented it to the group."
- Caroline: "Where's Matt?"
- Rebekah : "He bailed, got called to work at the last minute."
- Caroline: "Are you kidding me?....... so its just us?"
- Rebekah: "Yes and you're late. Cleaning up committee started at 8 o'clock."
- Caroline: "Its like 8:02."
- Rebekah: "Exactly, I managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I, organized."
- Caroline: "I'm sorry about your mom. I mean, I know, you like hated her and everything. Still, I'm sorry."
- Rebekah : "I'm sorry about your teacher. He seemed like a nice guy."
- Caroline: "Yeah, he was."
- Rebekah: "I'm gonna get started on the gym."
- Rebekah: (to Alaric) "You're supposed to be dead."
- Alaric: "I am." (attacks her)
- Caroline: "Nooo." (grabs him from behind and they stake Alaric together).
- Caroline and Rebekah have their differences, but prove to have empathy between them.
- Even if they don't like each others, maybe even enemies. They are two girls who are currently the most close to Stefan. Caroline is Stefan's best friend and Rebekah is Stefan's ex-girlfriend and close friend.