Accola was born in Houston, Texas, the daughter of Carolyn (Clark), who was an environmental engineer before becoming a homemaker, and Kevin Accola, a cardiothoracic surgeon. She has Romansh-Swiss, French, and Norwegian ancestry. She grew up in Edgewood, Florida and attended Lake Highland Preparatory School. Both her parents are active members of the local Republican political party.
Music careerEditIn December 2006 Accola released her debut album, It's Always the Innocent Ones, independently in the United States. Accola co-wrote thirteen of the fourteen tracks on the record. The album failed to make an impact. In 2008 the album was re-released in Japan and achieved greater success. Accola toured as a backing singer for Miley Cyrus's Best of Both Worlds Tour. Accola appeared as herself in the 2008 3D concert film Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert. In February 2011, Accola performed a cover of The Bangles' "Eternal Flame", on The Vampire Diaries. Accola has yet to announce plans for a sophomore album. She has a younger brother.
Acting careerEditHow I Met Your Mother, Supernatural and Drop Dead Diva. In July 2009 Accola starred in the Independent Horror film Deadgirl, which centers on two high school boys who discover an immortal woman in an abandoned asylum. That same year again Accola had a bit-role in The Hannah Montana Movie. In 2009 Accola was cast in The CW television series The Vampire Diaries as Caroline Forbes a teenage vampire. The series was an immediate success with the series premiere reaching 4.91 million viewers.Critical reception was positive. In June 2012 Accola joined the Dramedy YouTube series Dating Rules From My Future Self as Chloe Cunningham a 26-year old girl who believes love does not exist. The series centers on a girl receiving romance advices from herself ten years in the future via text message. The first season of the series went on to receive over 14 million views.
Personal lifeEdit13.On May 29, 2013, Accola became engaged to musician Joe King.
Lyme Disease Awareness
If you are following Candice on Twitter, it’s likely that you’ve seen her many mentions of the disease called the Lyme disease. Candice and other individuals (including TVD’s Kayla Ewell and Katerina Graham) are participating in the fight to raise awareness regarding Lyme Disease, a disease that many people suffer from and that many people are uneducated about.
It's Always The Innocent Ones
- Our Break Up Song
- Some Girls
- Mercy of Love
- Voices Carry
- Welcome to the Real World
- Sweet Jealousy
- Why Don't You Stay
- Yesterday Is Gone
- Wrong to Be in Love
- Perfect Tragedy
- Hard to Say Goodbye
- Drink to my freedom
|2012||Teen Choice Awards||Scene Stealer Female||The Vampire Diaries||Won|
|2013||Teen Choice Awards||Scene Stealer Female||The Vampire Diaries||Nominated|
- In The House Guest, she sang Eternal Flame by The Bangles with S.O.Stereo.
- She has a star tattoo on her right foot and a bird tattoo on her left wrist.
- She and Katerina Graham are friends with Tyler Hoechlin (Derek from Teen Wolf).
- She dated her co-star Steven R.McQueen, from June 2011 to October 2011.
- She dated her co-star Zach Roerig in 2012.
- She is currently engaged to her fiance, Joe King, as of May 29, 2013
- She originally auditioned for the role of Elena before getting the role of Caroline.
- Candice is a Taurus.
- Candice is 5'8" and is the tallest female on the show.
- She is best friends with Nina Dobrev and Kat Graham.
- Her trademark are her big, blue, expressive eyes.
- Close friends with her Vampire Diaries co-stars Nina Dobrev, Katerina Graham, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Joseph Morgan, Claire Holt and Michael Trevino.
- Her mother is named Carolyn, which is a form of Caroline, the name of Accola's character in The Vampire Diaries.
- As believed from early photos, her natural hair might be red, yet for the role of Caroline or a little bit before she got the role, she dyed her hair blonde, which is paradoxal as the original Caroline from the novels is red-haired.