|“||Cheers to the man that broke my heart, crushed my soul, destroyed my life, and ruined any and all chances of happiness!||”|
Not much is known about Bree's history, except the fact she fell in love and dated Damon Salvatore while he attended college. Damon was searching for a way to release his former lover, Katherine Pierce, from the tomb in Mystic Falls. He tried to convince Bree to use her magic to open the tomb and free Katherine, but was unsuccessful.
Season OneShe was first seen in Bloodlines, when she welcomed Damon and Elena to her bar. While Damon conversed with Elena, Bree contacted Lee, as she was aware that Damon was the one who had killed Lexi. Because Bree betrayed Damon, he killed her by ripping her heart out.
Before Bree died, she tried to make a bid for her life by offering Damon some information. She revealed that the tomb could be opened, but he would need Emily Bennett's spell book, which has a reversal process to breaking her spell. This concession did not deter Damon from taking her life.
- I'd Leave My Happy Home For You (Archive Footage)
- She was the first character to die by having her heart ripped out, this would later be a common method of killing the werewolves.
- She is also the first witch killed on screen.
- The extent of Bree's powers were never explored, although it can be assumed she possessed the basic powers of all witches. But she may have tried to open tomb beneath the church.
- The actress that plays Bree is fan favorite Gina Torres. She was in several genre pieces like Serenity, Firefly, Angel, and Matrix.
- Bree is a name of Irish and Gaelic origin and the meaning is "'The exalted one".
- She was the only witch to never have used any magic on screen.
- Bree did not use magic on Damon due to the fact that she was in a state of fear, which as shown above, may temporarily cause a witch to lose her powers.
- She knew about Katherine Pierce and Emily Bennett.
- Since The Other Side is gone, she most likely found peace or was sucked into oblivion.