Powers & Abilities
Guardians have special abilities and auras. The powers have made their blood irresistible to vampires and other supernatural creatures.
- Super Senses - Guardians have learned to control their senses of hearing, vision, taste, touch and smell.
- Telepathy - Guardians can communicate non verbally, using their mental senses.
- Empathy - Guardians are able to sense the emotions of others.
- Telekinesis - Guardians have the ability to move things.
- Energy Manipulation - Guardians are able to manipulate energy or energy sources.
- Time Manipulation - They can go back in time or reverse time, cause the resurrection of the dead, cause memory loss, and also cause physical restoration of the damaged.
- Cosmic Awareness
- Enhanced Condition
- Elemental Manipulation - They can control elements such as fire, water, electricity, light, earth, etc.
- Wings of Power - Guardians has several different wings of various colours and powers. These powers were given to them from the afterlife. These are the different kinds of wings and their function:
- Wings of Protection - These wings are strong and, like the name, are very useful to protect themselves and whomever is there with them.
- Wings of Purification - These wings are white in colouring. They have the ability to remove all sins of a person. They also have the ability to remove ones memories.
- Wings of Remembrance - These wings are violet-blue in colour. They have the ability to return someone's memories to them.
- Wings of Redemption- These wings are rainbow-colored. The function for these wings are that they can redeem people of their sins.
- Wings of the Wind - The wings are gold in colouring. They were used to create wind and these wings help a Guardian to fly.
- Wings of Destruction - These wings are used to destroy things which are considered to be obstacles or possible dangers to the Guardian or his or her allies, loved ones, etc.
- Sacred Blood - The blood of a Guardian is the ultimate weapon used to destroy all evil creatures of the Universe. It is the only weapon that can completely destroy the Old Ones and prevent their resurrection.
List of Guardians aka Angels
Guardian is from the Middle English word "gardein", from Anglo-Norman, from Old French "gardien", from alteration of gardenc, from garder, to guard; see guard. The Guardians are technically angels.
- The word angel derives from the Latin "angelus", which in turn is the Romanization of the Ancient Greek "ἄγγελος" (angelos) or "messenger", which is related to the Greek verb "ἀγγέλλω" (angellō), meaning "bear a message", "announce", and "bring news of" etc.
- There is no mention in either The Vampire Diaries or The Originals television series of the existence of angels, Guardians or other species of great power of light or benevolence.
- Their TV counterpart might be the spirits.
- The only reference to an angel is mentioned by a 10 year old Stefan in describing of Lillian Salvatore.