Amara and Qetsiyah met in Ancient Greece, 2,000 years before the Pilot. Amara was Qetsiyah's handmaiden, and Qetsiyah found her with Silas, who was to be married to Qetsiyah. They later became Immortal and Qetsiyah, enraged and heartbroken, pretended to murder Amara when she instead imprisoned her in stone as the Anchor to the Other Side.
Throughout The Vampire Diaries SeriesEdit
In Death and the Maiden, Tessa confronts her after Amara is broken from her desiccation after two thousand years. Tessa smugly asks her if Amara wanted to apologize for the thousands of years of heartache she and Silas caused her. Amara said nothing at first to her and Tessa smirks as if she expected Amara to react in the way that she did. Amara then begs Tessa to kill her after suffering for two millennia.
- Despite being her handmaiden, Amara was not friends with Qetsiyah.
- Amara is the first woman of her family line to betray a Bennett witch.
- Katherine Pierce betrayed Emily Bennett by exposing her as a witch. Emily was burnt at the stake because of this.
- When Elena Gilbert's humanity was off as a vampire, she attacked and almost killed Bonnie Bennett. Ironically, Bonnie was the only witch to physically fight her back and almost kill Elena for attacking her.
- Qetsiyah made Amara desiccate for nearly 2,000 years.
- Amara and Qetsiyah are the first two women to be love-rivals for a man in a love triangle.
- The second love triangle involving two women for a man is: Stefan, Caroline and Valerie.
- Qetsiyah and Amara died on the same day, along with their object of affections.