|The Vampire Diaries|
|Season 3, Episode 15|
|Air date||February 16th 2012|
|Written by||Evan Bleiweiss & Michael Narducci|
|Directed by||Pascal Verschooris|
|Episode Guide transcript|
All My Children is the fifteenth episode of the Third Season, and fifty-ninth episode in the series.
A FLIP OF THE COIN — After starting her day with a startling discovery of Damon’s latest indiscretion, Elena is frustrated to find that none of her friends agree with her on how they should react to the Original family's internal power struggle. Once again caught up in the destiny of the Bennett witches Bonnie and Abby find themselves playing a part in a ritual to appease the spirits of nature. When Elijah gives Damon and Stefan some conditions that puts Elena in danger, they turn to Alaric and Meredith for help with a plan that leads them to a terrible choice.
|The episode starts with Elena waking up. She calls Stefan, with whom she needs to discuss about Esther's plans and how she is against it for her remorse of the collateral damage (mostly for Elijah since he was the one that at least made an effort in saving her past season). The call is ignored by Stefan. She then calls Damon to confront him about the misunderstanding last night, for him to only ignore it as well. Damon is in fact revealed to be sleeping with Rebekah. Elena goes to the Salvatore's boarding house to further make sure since neither of the brothers were answering her calls. She discovers Damon's discretion and is upset because of it. However Damon persists to boast and seems nonchalant about the matter.
- Nina Dobrev as Elena Gilbert
- Paul Wesley as Stefan Salvatore
- Ian Somerhalder as Damon Salvatore
- Steven R. McQueen as Jeremy Gilbert (credit only)
- Candice Accola as Caroline Forbes
- Zach Roerig as Matt Donovan (credit only)
- Katerina Graham as Bonnie Bennett
- Michael Trevino as Tyler Lockwood (credit only)
- Matt Davis as Alaric Saltzman
- Joseph Morgan as Niklaus Mikaelson
- Antagonists: The Originals.
- This is the last episode of The Originals Chapter.
- Candice Accola makes her 50th appearance as Caroline Forbes in this episode.
- Interestingly, if Esther's plans to turn the Originals back into humans, all of them would have become human except for Klaus. Being that Klaus never was human and has killed possibly an endless amount of people, if his Vampirism was ever taken from him then he would be a Werewolf instead.
- This is the last episode before the spring hiatus.
- Elijah has the most screen time in this episode. This is therefore the second episode when a recurring character has the most screen time in a single episode.
- It is revealed that another white oak tree (which can bring about the destruction of the originals) existed at least 300 years after they fled from Mystic Falls.
- Esther mentions that Bonnie and Abby are descendants of the witch Ayana, who lived in Mystic Falls in the 10th century.
- This episode had 2.900 million viewers in the USA.
- "All My Children" is an American soap opera that ran from January 5, 1970-September 23, 2011. The show stars Sterling Sulieman, the same actor that portrayed recurring character and tomb vampire Harper in Season 1.
- "Don't hold your breath " that you will wait for a long time for something.
- The "Giant Panda " is a Chinese bear with striking black and white markings. They are strictly vegetarian, living mostly on bamboo shoots. They are greatly endangered, it is believed there are less than 2000 individuals living today, so shooting a panda bear is considered quite an offense!
- "Strumpet " female prostitute, or woman who is sexually promiscuous.
- "Gigolo " male prostitute, a man who is paid to escort or dance with women.
- "Sweep her off her feet " to quickly and thoroughly make her like you, charm her.
- Mystic Falls was build over an Indian Village - just like the house in Poltergeist, the 1982 movie.
- Elijah mentioned a field with wild horses... Horses were not officially introduced to North America until the arrival of the Spanish people in the 1500s. However, Vikings did use horses since the 9th century, so it is possible that the Vikings that took the Original Family to the new world brought horses with them - but they would not be wild horses.
- Elena's heartbeat accelerates when she lies - that is the working principle of the polygraph, but the polygraph is not an accurate way of telling if a person is lying or not, or even about what exactly is she lying. However it can be used to try and intimidate someone into admitting they have been lying.
- "Be Careful what you wish for" is an idiom meaning that there could be unforeseen negative consequences if you do get our wish fulfilled.
- "Let off some steam " idiom meaning to release pent up stress, often emotional.
- "Pot, kettle, brother" refers to the idiom "The pot calling the kettle black " and means that the criticism one is making could apply to oneself.
- "Put yourself in her shoes " means allow yourself to see or experience something from somebody else's point of view.
- Elijah (Elena): "I can hear you heartbeat, it jumps when you're being dishonest."
- Damon: "She's not gonna listen to anything I say."
- Stefan: "Is it because of your little sleepover?"
- Damon: "It's not my fault she decided to get jealous."
- Elijah (to Damon and Stefan): "You help us now, or Elena dies screaming in agony. The choice is yours."
- Elijah: "Mother made us vampires. She didn't make us monsters. We did that to ourselves."
- Damon: "I'm better at being the bad guy anyway."
- Damon: "Spend 146 years with someone you sort of start to pick up on their tells."
- Klaus: "End this now, mother. Or I'll send you back to Hell."
- Stefan: "Awful lot of effort for someone who pretends not to care about her anymore."
- Damon: "Pot, kettle, brother."
- Rebekah: "Why don't you sit down and shut up before I ruin everything by ripping your head off!!"
- Elena: "What are you doing here?"
- Rebekah: "Not much. Unless you try to run, in which case I get to kill you."
- Alaric: I'm surprised you have time to call, what with all this Original sex you've been having?"
- Stefan: She's better off without me? She's sure as Hell better off without you."
- Damon: "Fine. Neither one of us gets her."
- Damon: "Why do you look like someone just shot a panda bear?"