Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“|| Hayley: What exactly... am I walking into tonight? |
Elijah: Only the most dangerous, influential congregation of vampires the world has ever known.
THE STRIX – In order to uncover what his old acquaintance Tristan is really up to in New Orleans, Elijah considers attending a gala thrown by a mysterious group of ancient vampires known as the Strix, while Hayley invites herself to attend with him. There, Marcel is approached with an enticing offer made by a mysterious woman named Aya, but he quickly realizes that things are not always what they seem. Elsewhere, when a vital component of Lucien’s plan goes missing, he and Klaus form a tentative alliance in order to find it. Freya also appears.
- Antagonists: Tristan, Aurora and Mohinder.
- Alexis was shown kissing Freya in this episode, making this the second episode to feature an on-screen kiss between two women on TO.
- The hellish hour centers around a Strix gala, of which Marcel is Aya’s honored guest. And speaking of the new lady in Mr. Gerard’s life, Davis says fans are right to sense something between them. "I think there’s pretty good chemistry there", CMD tells TVLine of Marcel and Aya. "But I also think that each one of them, alone, would have chemistry with a balloon. They’re pretty charismatic people. But, yes, something is brewing there, and there’s more of that in this upcoming episode - including a great scene at the end that I think people will love.
- Klaus and Lucien crash Tristan's gala, pretending to be drunk in order to cause a distraction so Freya can rescue Alexis.
- Lucien tapping Tristan on the nose and saying boop was improvised by Andrew Lees. Klaus saying Tristan's champagne was cheap was also improvised by Joseph Morgan.
- The Strix become known in this episode.
- Freya was last seen in You Hung the Moon.
- From the pumpkins and the costume parties all over NOLA, it is Halloween time, as it is in the parallel TVD episode: I Carry Your Heart With Me, making both shows at the same timeline.
- New Orleans
- Alexis - poisoned, killed by Aurora de Martel
- Mohinder - heart extraction, killed by Tristan de Martel
Behind the Scenes
- This episode had about 1.07 million viewers in the USA.
- Building on last week’s backstory about Daniel Gillies as a martial arts enthusiast, he choreographed his own boxing workout in tonight’s episode. This season also marks the first season since the character’s introduction in TVD season 2 where suit-and-tie expert Elijah Mikaelson repeatedly wears a sleeveless muscle shirt.
- According to Ashley and Bart, it turns out that giant champagne glasses have more rules and regulations than one might expect. Not only did the set decorator have to bring it over state lines (thus getting us the only human-sized champagne glass East of the Mississippi) but the only person allowed in it was the girl who brought it. Basically, it’s a BYOGCG (bring your own gigantic champagne glass) situation.
- Slushie machines are a staple of Bourbon Street in the French Quarter, so we named our machine Bonnie’s Slushies after our intrepid line producer Bonnie Weis. The most fun writers, set decorators and propmasters have is when we have to generate names for mailboxes, flyers, doors, offices, and slushie machines. I can guarantee when you see a name on screen that it has an 80 percent chance of having been inspired by a crew member.
- Some people can say that battling for money during prep is like pulling teeth, and in this case it’s literal. Ashley landed in Atlanta only to learn her wisdom teeth needed immediate removal. She spent the rest of the shoot blissfully doped up on painkillers.
- Joseph and Andy had a ball playing the “wasted party crashers” and ended up improvising some of the fun moments, including Lucien “booping” Tristan’s nose and Klaus’s pronouncement that Tristan’s champagne is “cheap.”
- Australian small-world coincidence of the week: Daniel Gillies was on the phone with Oliver Ackland as Oliver boarded a plane, raving about Australian filmmaker Joel Edgerton’s excellent film The Gift just as Oliver sat down next to his seatmate and friend — Joel Edgerton. Special shout-out to Joel and his movie, which you should all see because it was terrific.
- A Walk on the Wild Side is a 1956 novel by Nelson Algren, most often quoted as the source for Algren's "three rules of life": "Never play cards with a man called Doc. Never eat at a place called Mom's. Never sleep with a woman whose troubles are worse than your own."
- "Walk on the Wild Side" is a drama movie released in 1962. It is based on the 1956 novel by Nelson Algren.
- Klaus made a reference to the nursery rhyme, Humpty Dumpty when talking about Alexis's disappearance to Lucien
- Hayley: "What exactly....am I walking into tonight?"
- Elijah: "Only the most dangerous, influential, congregation of vampires the world has ever known."
- Hayley: "What exactly....am I walking into tonight?"
- Elijah: "We're going to the most dangerous, influential, congregation of vampires the world has ever known."
- Klaus: "What are you doing here?"
- Freya: "I live here?"
- Klaus: "Yes obviously, I just hadn't realized that you were back from wherever it is you go to when you leave. Perhaps I was thrown off by the lack of strange gentlemen callers pursuing the contents of my refrigerator this morning."
- Freya: "Your concern for my whereabouts.... is touching."
- Klaus: "I simply want to know who is here at any given moment, I hardly think that's too much to ask."
- Hayley: "Well, as long as we're taking attendance....."
- Klaus: "Oh good, it's my not so loving elder brother and my former one night stand. What a nice normal family gathering."
- Hayley: "Charming. Elijah was just catching me up on how you have no clue on which one of your long lost buddies you can trust and which one is trying to kill you."
- Klaus: "Well clearly what the situation needs is more opinions. (To Elijah): I assume you told her about the bloody prophecy."
- Elijah: "I was just getting to that."
- Hayley: "Now would be good."
- Klaus: "Well it appears that my old mate Lucien has a genuine seer and in a effort to prove his good intentions, he got her to show us some rather dire visions of future doom. It's grim stuff really, not for the faint of heart."
- Hayley: "Whose doom are we talking about? Because if it's yours, I think we're all okay with it."
- Klaus: "Well sadly, we're all on the chopping block. But chin up, this witch claims her visions are constantly evolving so you may just get your wish."
- Marcel: "By all means, help yourself to the good...stuff."