|“|| Aurora: Look at you two. How could a woman really love either of you? Even if she can stomach all your treachery, she's left to face your brother.
Klaus: And here we go again, with the same tune you've been singing since you came to town-- "How Elijah Ruined Our Love."
Aurora: I speak of both of you. Did you not rip Aya from Elijah when you forced him to abandon his loyal Strix? Just as he tore you from me? All in the name of "Always and Forever." A ridiculous concept that ensures both of you spend your immortality alone.
AN EXCITING CROSSOVER WITH THE VAMPIRE DIARIES — With the threat of the prophecy looming over their heads, Klaus and Elijah find themselves rendered useless inside a magical trap, while Aya and The Strix’s coven of witches move forward with a risky spell that could take one of them down for good. Elsewhere, Freya leads the charge to get her brothers back and enlists the help of Marcel, Hayley and Stefan Salvatore, an old friend of Klaus', whose unexpected arrival may be the key to their survival. Finally, Davina moves forward with a dangerous plan that brings her one step closer to reuniting with Kol.
Special Guest Star
- This is the part of a two-hour crossover with The Vampire Diaries. This episode crossovers with Moonlight on the Bayou.
- This episode features the culmination of the Trinity arc and the end of the second chapter of the season.
- Freya learns from Elijah that he daggered Rebekah at her request.
- This is the first time Stefan meets Freya and learns she did not die of plague like the Originals thought during their time of The Vampire Diaries.
- Stefan meets Freya, Marcel and Lucien for the first time.
- Freya is concerned that Stefan is the friend part of The Prophecy.
- This marks Lucien's return after a five episode absence after his appearance in The Other Girl in New Orleans.
- Klaus bricks up Aurora de Martel in one of the crypt's in Lafayette Cemetery.
- Stefan uses Rayna as a distraction, since she can track him through the X wound her sword left, for the Strix so he, Hayley and Marcel can stop the desiring spell.
- Since Aya knows of Rayna Cruz, this means at sometime between 1857 and the series present day The Strix encountered her. Aya and several Strix attack Rayna with only Aya seeming to be the sole survivor.
- This episode marks the first time Klaus and Davina interact in Season 3.
- Aya is killed by Hayley when Elijah is unable to do so. Hayley kills her for Jackson.
- Klaus' sireline becomes unlinked in this episode, causing a Nexus Vorti that Davina uses to bring Kol back to life.
- This marks the third time Davina has brought back to life a member of the Mikaelson family, having brought back Mikael and Esther in the previous two seasons.
- This makes Kol the second Original Vampire in history to be resurrected. The third being Finn; whom was resurrected in the following episode; An Old Friend Calls.
- Rebekah Mikaelson is mentioned in this episode. She was last seen in Savior and through archive footage in Wild at Heart.
- This is the 1st episode since The Other Girl in New Orleans to feature all members of The Trinity.
- Hayley mentions that she might've broken Caroline's neck, which occurred in TVD episode O Come, All Ye Faithful.
- Stefan Salvatore and Rayna Cruz become the third and the fourth TVD characters after Tyler Lockwood in Season 1 and Tatia in Season 2 to appear in The Originals.
- As Tatia never appeared physically on the Vampire Diaries, Stefan is the second and Rayna is the third (notwithstanding the Mikaelsons) to appear in both.
- Damon Salvatore is mentioned in this episode. He was last seen in the crossover episode Moonlight on the Bayou.
- Caroline Forbes is seen in a picture on Stefan's phone. She was last seen in the crossover episode Moonlight on the Bayou.
- Giuseppe Salvatore is mentioned in this episode. He was last seen in a flashback on TVD in Mommie Dearest.
- This episode marks the second mention of Representational Magic.
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Aya - staked, killed by Hayley Marshall-Kenner
- Numerous members of The Strix - killed by Rayna Cruz
- Cynthia - drained of blood; killed by Elijah Mikaelson
- One of The Sisters - broken neck; killed by Elijah Mikaelson
- One of The Sisters - broken neck; killed by Hayley Marshall-Kenner
- Rayna Cruz - Intensive bodily harm; killed by Aya/Strix
Behind the Scenes
- This episode crossovers with Moonlight on the Bayou.
- This is the first episode not to feature the "Previously on The Originals" voiceover due to attachments to The Vampire Diaries Crossover.
- The appearance of Rayna Cruz was-not hinted to in any way, so it was in-a-way a surprise.
- "A Streetcar Named Desire" is a 1947 play written by American playwright Tennessee Williams which received the Pulitzer Prize for Drama in 1948. The play opened on Broadway on December 3, 1947, and closed on December 17, 1949, in the Ethel Barrymore Theatre.
- A Streetcar Named Desire is a 1951 American drama film, with elements of film noir, an adaptation of Tennessee Williams' Pulitzer Prize-winning 1947 play of the same name.
- Freya: "You daggered Rebekah and you're just telling me now."
- Elijah: "She sacrificed herself to protect us and to protect her, I've told Niklaus and I'm telling you. No one would've known Rebekah's whereabouts if Aurora had taken my life."
- Freya: "The prophecy says that you three will be felled by friend, family and foe. Rebekah was fallen by family, that leaves friend and foe. You and Klaus have a lot of foes."
- Elijah: "Just one or two."
- Freya: "Thankfully, not many friends."
- Klaus: "Freya, this is Stefan Salvatore, an old friend. One of trickle down sirelinks, long story. Stefan, this is Freya, my brand new older sister, also a long story. Stefan needs a favor."
- Freya: "You're an old friend, are you?"
- Stefan: "Well, that kind of depends on your definition."
- Aurora: "I can see why my brother liked you. Such the strong silent type."
- Aya: "This isn't silence Aurora. It's patience. Give me what's in your hand I'll give you what you want."
- Aurora: "But you see Aya, what I want, I have. A weapon that can kill the unkillable and make the Mikaelsons suffer nearly as much pain as they made me suffer."
- Aya: "Unfortunately, Elijah is one of your targets and my sire. If you kill him, I die too."
- Aurora: "As would my brother, who drowns endlessly at the bottom of the ocean. Killing Elijah is the only mercy I can offer him Aya."
- Aya: "But what if there was another way?"
- Aurora: "Killing Elijah is the only mercy I can offer him Aya."
- Aya: "But what if there was another way?"
- Klaus (To Stefan): "Stefan, this is Freya, my brand new older sister, also a long story. Stefan needs a favor."
- Aurora (To Klaus): "There's more than one way to hurt you. I do like seeing how hard you work to save the few who still care about you."