|Years||10th century • 12th century • 1490 • 1864 • 1922 • 1977 • 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011|
|Months||September 2009 • November 2009 • January 2010 • February 2010 • March 2010 • April 2010 •|
- In the Old World, a terrible plague kills many humans, among them was the firstborn of Mikael and Esther.
- Ayana, Mikael and Esther, along with other survivors of plague, decide to go to the New World.
- Mikael and Esther created a new family with the birth of Elijah, Finn, Niklaus, Kol, Rebekah, Henrik.
- Niklaus and Elijah are interested in the same girl, Tatia. They were both in love with her, although she had already had a child with another man.
- Niklaus and Henrik sneak out of the caves to watch the werewolves turning, but things go terribly wrong and as a result of Henrik being clawed and bitten by the werewolves he dies.
- Mikael is so distraught that he persuades Esther to turn himself and their children into vampires. Tatia's blood was used in the spell that changed them.
- After the transition, it was discovered that Klaus was not Mikael's son, but that his father was a werewolf. This is the reason that Klaus is a hybrid. Mikael kills all of his wolves family and thus started the war between the two species.
- Esther makes a spell to bind the werewolf curse, so that it does not manifest itself.
- Klaus kills Esther by ripping her heart out, and convinces his siblings that it was Mikael who did it. Klaus, Elijah and Rebekah make a vow to stay together, "Always and Forever".